The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well I sold my XH1 with an eye toward eventually picking up an XH2 but as that's going to be Sept by the sounds of it I've picked up an X-Pro 3 off eBay to use in the meantime.
Should hopefully arrive tomorrow, its been a long time since I had an X-Pro 2 but looking forward to using one again!
Bloody hell, Chris. How many cameras have you got now? ;)

Bloody hell, Chris. How many cameras have you got now? ;)
Only one, my days of chopping and changing every 2 mins are long gone, truth be told I'm not sure I have the same passion for it as I used to but I want to try again!

I've not been paying attention to release dates but thought it was still a while away..
I'm away on holiday for a week but will be very interested in anything you have to say about it whenever I can get online..
Me too Steve. I was expecting end July. Seems the release date is the 1st.
Took me by surprise.

I gave up looking for a silver X100V although Efin have stock if you're willing to pay £1519, my inherent Yorkshireness won't allow that ;)

LCE have black in stock but I really wanted silver, guess I'll have to slum it with my XP2.

OH look, I've cured myself of GAS!!!!! (Ho ho ho)

I gave up looking for a silver X100V although Efin have stock if you're willing to pay £1519, my inherent Yorkshireness won't allow that ;)

LCE have black in stock but I really wanted silver, guess I'll have to slum it with my XP2.

OH look, I've cured myself of GAS!!!!! (Ho ho ho)
I was looking at multiple shops everyday, and silver ones seemed easier to come by. I have heard of a few people getting them this week, so maybe Fuji UK have had a delivery...
I really wish I could fall in love with the X100, but I tried the F and we just didn't gel. They're lovely cameras, takes me back to my days of having an Olly Trip.
I've been using/carrying my X-T2 with 23f2 lens as my main camera for the last few years, so an X100 made sense to me. Then I made the "mistake" of borrowing one for a long weekend and fell in love...

I really wish I could fall in love with the X100, but I tried the F and we just didn't gel. They're lovely cameras, takes me back to my days of having an Olly Trip.

Its getting out of the mindset of taking a sack of lenses with you, once your thought process is on the right wavelength, you can really start to enjoy the X100 series and be creative around its limitations.

I use my XT bodies with just 35 f1.4 very often, going out with just that and maybe a set of close focus rings. I use my small Billingham as a day bag, it's light and works well.

Same here from Wex. Really depends on how many units they get, and how many pre orders they have. They have them coming in tomorrow for dispatch on Friday.

Can someone recommend a canon EFS lens to Fuji X ,adaptor that isnt expensive but works ok.?
thanks
If you want AF then Andoer or Viltrox (with speed booster) are the way to go, they are not as good or as supported as the Fringer, but I have an Andoer on the GFX and every EF lens I've thrown at it even those not on their supported list has had working AF, though it can hunt a bit.

Manual focus using focus peaking has worked fine, but you need electronic contact to be able change the aperture on an EF/EF-S lens otherwise its wide open all the time.

On the GFX its been an interesting experience as some lens vignette (not surprising), but in general they do not perform as well as native lenses (the only exception I've tried is theCanon EF 100 F2.8L Macro which is still very sharp.

Which lens are you thinking of trying?

Last edited:
Can someone recommend a canon EFS lens to Fuji X ,adaptor that isnt expensive but works ok.?
thanks
I have the Nikon AFS to FujiX adapter from Fringer and it is very good. I would certainly recommend their products as it seems very reliable and they have provide updates so the adapter supports all my Nikon AFS lenses and the results AF speed-wise are also very good on the XT3 and a bit slower on the XT2. They have updated the firmware to support the XH2S as well.

A few from a recent trip to the Hawk Conservancy Trust in Andover. Well worth a day out if you're in the area!

High winds, unpredictable light, and complete lack of panning experience were all against me, but I managed to get a few I'm happy with.

Bald Eagle by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

Black Kites by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

Black Kite by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

Tawny Owl by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

Barn Owl by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

Nice set (y)
I went there many moons agon, and keep meaning to go back at some stage.

Thanks mate. You obviously know my dilemma. Go Fuji means losing my GM primes. Your comment actually helps. 35f1.4 is a great lens.
It's that lens that makes me think about getting rid of my A7Riv as well. I've taken a lot of my favourite pictures with it. Only my stupid pixel peeping addiction (and an x100v) that stops me switching.

It's that lens that makes me think about getting rid of my A7Riv as well. I've taken a lot of my favourite pictures with it. Only my stupid pixel peeping addiction (and an x100v) that stops me switching.
Gotcha. Really Really understand where you’re coming from.

The T3 & 50-140 combination. I really love this lens, and with the annual membership at Longleat, it's coming into its own.

red parrot by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Steve. Talk to me about this lens. It’s not usually a focal length I gravitate to since giving up Equestriian. How does it handle. Is it quick to focus. Can you carry it for 2-3 hours. Give me the lowdown..

Steve. Talk to me about this lens. It’s not usually a focal length I gravitate to since giving up Equestriian. How does it handle. Is it quick to focus. Can you carry it for 2-3 hours. Give me the lowdown..
1) Great
2)Yes
3) Yes

It has a big tripod foot, which I remove for this sort of stuff. I carry the 1.4x just in case I need a bit more length (but the Mrs has never complained :LOL: ) and I put the35 f1.4 in my pocket, just in case I need to get shorter.

I now rarely use my 90 f2 as I use this instead, it was my main lens for a wedding a couple of years ago. It's only downside is the min focal distance is a bit long, but again, I carry a pair of tubes, just in case.

Here's another...

1737BW by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I reckon it will be magic on the new H2s...

@trevorbray , have a look at this thread:

The monitor was shot through glass

It’s very sharp, AF is quick and stabilisation on an IBIS body is excellent - it’s quite big though - especially with hood on - works best on a body with more of a grip (X-H body)

1) Great
2)Yes
3) Yes

It has a big tripod foot, which I remove for this sort of stuff. I carry the 1.4x just in case I need a bit more length (but the Mrs has never complained :LOL: ) and I put the35 f1.4 in my pocket, just in case I need to get shorter.

I now rarely use my 90 f2 as I use this instead, it was my main lens for a wedding a couple of years ago. It's only downside is the min focal distance is a bit long, but again, I carry a pair of tubes, just in case.

Here's another...

1737BW by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I reckon it will be magic on the new H2s...
It’s very sharp, AF is quick and stabilisation on an IBIS body is excellent - it’s quite big though - especially with hood on - works best on a body with more of a grip (X-H body)
Thanks chaps. It’s under consideration for use with my soon to arrive X-H2S. I wanna get shots of my dog running.

If you want AF then Andoer or Viltrox (with speed booster) are the way to go, they are not as good or as supported as the Fringer, but I have an Andoer on the GFX and every EF lens I've thrown at it even those not on their supported list has had working AF, though it can hunt a bit.

Manual focus using focus peaking has worked fine, but you need electronic contact to be able change the aperture on an EF/EF-S lens otherwise its wide open all the time.

On the GFX its been an interesting experience as some lens vignette (not surprising), but in general they do not perform as well as native lenses (the only exception I've tried is theCanon EF 100 F2.8L Macro which is still very sharp.

Which lens are you thinking of trying?
Not decided yet but thought would open up a few possibilities, any recommendations.tight budget. Lol

Not decided yet but thought would open up a few possibilities, any recommendations.tight budget. Lol

Unless its something not available in the Fuji range, then I would just by a s/h Fuji lens, the XC lenses are very competent, optiocally great and even though they are plastic bodied, they are made at least as well as the cheaper plastic canon offerings. What focal length are you looking for?

Its getting out of the mindset of taking a sack of lenses with you, once your thought process is on the right wavelength, you can really start to enjoy the X100 series and be creative around its limitations.
And when you get the NiSi pro filter kit for the X100 everything just falls in to place!

Unless its something not available in the Fuji range, then I would just by a s/h Fuji lens, the XC lenses are very competent, optiocally great and even though they are plastic bodied, they are made at least as well as the cheaper plastic canon offerings. What focal length are you looking for?
35mm and 50-230?maybe a 23mm also

Back