The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Camera received at 3:03pm and I have it all configured and have shot some test images.

Camera performs flawlessly with Fuji seemingly setting up the defaults for the camera to be pretty much as I like.

Just need to do the usual setup and set the user custom display items and fn buttons but many of these were as I like them.
Excellent easy setup.

I had a paper manual in the box which I havent had for a Fuji camera for a while.

Image sharpness and speed of AF lock on is truly excellent.
I just need to test and confirm this with some more lengthy testing and I might be thinking about whether or not my Nikon setup needs to go to eBay or trade in for the XH2R (40MP) when it comes later this year.

EXIF in images (hmmm actually not exported!!)
Aperture priority or Manual Exposure mode using Fuji 80mm macro at f5.6, ISO400.
All processed through CaptureOne Pro v15.3 no edits just a straight RAF ==> JPG output.

Last edited:
When you get an 18-55 "kit" lens as a kit with a body, does it come with one of the Fujifilm black fabric pouches? I am sorting out my kit and seem to have fewer pouches than lenses, so wondering if it is only lenses purchased on their own that came with them,,,

Camera received at 3:03pm and I have it all configured and have shot some test images.

Camera performs flawlessly with Fuji seemingly setting up the defaults for the camera to be pretty much as I like.

Just need to do the usual setup and set the user custom display items and fn buttons but many of these were as I like them.
Excellent easy setup.

I had a paper manual in the box which I havent had for a Fuji camera for a while.

Image sharpness and speed of AF lock on is truly excellent.
I just need to test and confirm this with some more lengthy testing and I might be thinking about whether or not my Nikon setup needs to go to eBay or trade in for the XH2R (40MP) when it comes later this year.
Thanks for this. Very interesting and helpful.
Guess it'll be an expensive month if there is stock available..!
Out of curiosity do you have the fuji 100-400? If so I'd be interested to hear how quickly it grabs focus compared to your other fuji bodies. On my X-h1 it can be annoyingly slow at times (largely when shooting motorsports like grass track racing)
Actually I'd be interested to hear anything more you want to say about it!

Last edited:
Thanks for this. Very interesting and helpful.
Guess it'll be an expensive month if there is stock available..!
Out of curiosity do you have the fuji 100-400? If so I'd be interested to hear how quickly it grabs focus compared to your other fuji bodies. On my X-h1 it can be annoyingly slow at times (largely when shooting motorsports like grass track racing)
Actually I'd be interested to hear anything more you want to say about it!
Yes I do.
I will test it with the XH2S and also with my Fringer adapter with my Nikon 200-500mm. According to Fringer this combo is compatible with the new camera and the latest Fringer firmware in the adapter.

I need to do further tests.
1. Sort out what settings to put in the C1-7 banks.
2. Few of the tests e.g. Fringer+200-500 on BIF.
3. Shots on tripod to make sure there is no shake issues as may have occurred with the poppy shot.
4. Test with my Godox studio setup and also HSS.
5. Test if Clarity cripples the speed of saving like it does on other Fuji cameras

Yes I do.
I will test it with the XH2S and also with my Fringer adapter with my Nikon 200-500mm. According to Fringer this combo is compatible with the new camera and the latest Fringer firmware in the adapter.

3. Shots on tripod to make sure there is no shake issues as may have occurred with the poppy shot.
5. Test if Clarity cripples the speed of saving like it does on other Fuji cameras
I can answer the Clarity question. Yes it does.
I’m liking the form factor.
Loving flippyflappyscreenthingy.
Eye af is quick accurate and sticky.
I’ll be using AF-C pretty much for everything handheld.
Currently my longest lens is Viltrox 23, I wanna get shots of my dog running. This lens won’t do it for me. By the time he’s half filled the frame he’s slowed to a walk.
I’ve ordered the Tamron 17-70 F2.8
Preordered the Fuji 150-600
Need to buy a 35 f1.4
Have 16mm f1.4 in the bag.
So far very happy.

Yes I do.

Surely high processor intensity pixel level functions like Clarity are best left to PP. They are processes that take up considerable resources and the associated time to complete. They can also be used with greater finesse in PP.

Last edited:
I can answer the Clarity question. Yes it does.
I’m liking the form factor.
Loving flippyflappyscreenthingy.
Eye af is quick accurate and sticky.
I’ll be using AF-C pretty much for everything handheld.
Currently my longest lens is Viltrox 23, I wanna get shots of my dog running. This lens won’t do it for me. By the time he’s half filled the frame he’s slowed to a walk.
I’ve ordered the Tamron 17-70 F2.8
Preordered the Fuji 150-600
Need to buy a 35 f1.4
Have 16mm f1.4 in the bag.
So far very happy.
Thanks Trevor.
It helps if there are others doing some of this testing.

I have never used the Clarity as its is something that I feel is better handled in post processing Also it only works with JPGs (I think) and I only shoot RAW.

Yes I do.

1. Sort out what settings to put in the C1-7 banks. This is really time consuming but worthwhile. I think there should be a utility that allows you to do this on a desktop then upload to the camera.

2. Few of the tests to do e.g. Fringer+200-500 on BIF.

3. Shots on tripod to make sure there is no shake issues as may have occurred with the poppy shot. It is a visual effect of two edges of the poppy, not anything else.

4. Test with my Godox studio setup and also HSS. Working with Godox triggers and HSS working with AD600units and works with TT350F.

5. Test if Clarity cripples the speed of saving like it does on other Fuji cameras. Yes it does but it doesnt extend save time more than a couple of seconds. I would NOT use this feature myself as it only is useful to JPGs.

Notes:
There is a really horrible implementation of the Natural Live View - ON.
It is in XT3 as well. It should be be the same for all film simulation no matter whether they are b&w or colour.
Certain films simulations show in EVF/Monitor even if the setting is ON.

So just the Fuji XF 100-400 and the Fringer + Nikon 200-500 tests to do.

@trevorbray How is the Eye AF, compared to say the Canon R6?
Have Fooj caught up (or even gotten close)?
Early days. Can’t compare to Canon sadly. I’ve been with Sony for over 2 years. Fuji is at last in the game. So far it’s effective. Fast and accurate. But more testing required. Haven’t shot any low light high ISO or moving targets yet. Have high hopes based on use so far. It’s one reason I bought it.
As you know eye af on Sony is voodoo.

Very nice Paul and I bet you smell lovely...... :ROFLMAO:
Thanks, Pete (y)
Strangely enough, that particular batch is a hybrid, that they made. It hardly smells, and almost no bees around either. The one annoying thing, was that they were planted so far apart, you could run a bike through them without damaging anything. The other fields (paid visits), are much denser.

Last edited:
Early days. Can’t compare to Canon sadly. I’ve been with Sony for over 2 years. Fuji is at last in the game. So far it’s effective. Fast and accurate. But more testing required. Haven’t shot any low light high ISO or moving targets yet. Have high hopes based on use so far. It’s one reason I bought it.
As you know eye af on Sony is voodoo.
Cheers Trevor. Looking forward to your further thoughts :)
I've played with a fairly current Sony and an R6, and yes, compared to my X-T3 the Eye AF is astounding. I'm hoping that the XH2 (and thus the XT5 when it comes out) are somewhere close.

I did find a you tube video earlier this afternoon that seemed to suggest it was up there, but you tube...

Cheers Trevor. Looking forward to your further thoughts :)
I've played with a fairly current Sony and an R6, and yes, compared to my X-T3 the Eye AF is astounding. I'm hoping that the XH2 (and thus the XT5 when it comes out) are somewhere close.

I did find a you tube video earlier this afternoon that seemed to suggest it was up there, but you tube...
So far it’s been great. I’ll be sure to keep the thread updated.

Thanks, Pete (y)
Strangely enough, that particular batch is a hybrid, that they made. It hardly smells, and almost no bees around either. The one annoying thing, was that they were planted so far apart, you could run a bike through them without damaging anything. The other fields (paid visits), are much denser.

What is the point of a lavender that hardly smells?

What is the point of a lavender that hardly smells?
Tell me about it... All the normal ones do. But I'm guessing this picnic hibred is geared for the tourists and kids. More family friendly.

The Fujifilm lust is strong at the moment, As much as I love my X100V the desire for a 35 1.4 is there. I know the my Sony A7Riv is technically capable of more but I find the pics I like the most come from my X100V. I'm thinking about maybe trading the X100V for an X-Pro3 and keeping the Sony until my pixel-peeping compulsion goes away.

Has anyone gone from X100V to X-Pro 3? Would anyone like to go the other way?!? ;)

Back