Thistle (1)

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
I wasn't really sure as to where I should post this shot as its obviously not macro but is close-upish :D:D

Just a shot of a Thistle taken while walking up on the cliffs. Quite a pull up as I only had the 18-55mm lens with me and couldn't get as close as I would have liked.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/350th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Thistle (1)-200057 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y)

George.

Lovely shot George, beautiful colour of the flower perfectly juxtaposed against the complementary green background. Whether you meant to or not I see that you positioned the centre of the main flower head on a third .. nice one! I'd be proud to have taken this picture.

Lovely shot George, beautiful colour of the flower perfectly juxtaposed against the complementary green background. Whether you meant to or not I see that you positioned the centre of the main flower head on a third .. nice one! I'd be proud to have taken this picture.

Many thanks for that Rupert, much appreciate you stoppin' by and commenting.(y)

"Of course I meant to place it on the thirds.:whistle:;):D The full framing is more central as I couldn't really get as close as I'd have liked. But the "suggested rules" of composition says that the thirds is a better place to put it, so that's where it was placed on the pull up"

George.

I like the colours and I like these flowers they attract butterflies, It looks more like a greater knapweed or a knapweed of some sort rather than a thistle I often confuse wild flowers.

http://www.dorsetnature.co.uk/pages-flower/wf-09.html

Many thanks for that Poach, much appreciate your comments.(y)

"You may well be correct with exactly what it is, I'm not too knowledgeable on those things so just put it down as a Thistle as to me it looked pretty close"

George.

Yep tend to agree with poacher got to be a knapweed has a beautiful colour well captured.
GEORGE.

Yep tend to agree with poacher got to be a knapweed has a beautiful colour well captured.
GEORGE.

Many thanks George, appreciate you stoppin' by and commenting.(y)

George.

Back