Today i bought a ...

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
This morning i bought a MPP Microtechnical MKVIII :) wooooooo

Just need a lens :) although i think i have an offer of a 150mm f5.6 so should be all up and running soon, can't wait, been using the college's Cambo sc2 and it's just such a bulky beast.

Nice.

Did it come with some lens panels? I was looking at getting one before I got my Wista. The one thing that put me off was the availability of lens panels.

I used one for a while before i got my Shen Hao. It was more difficult to focus than the shenny, but gave some good results with the 135mm it was bought with. Even though the shutter stuck at anything quicker than 1/8th second. enjoy it, thats what its all about!!

some pics of the MPP in action yesterday :)

_MG_7212Medium.jpg

_MG_7213Medium.jpg

_MG_7214Medium.jpg

_MG_7215Medium.jpg

_MG_7217Medium.jpg

yeah me too :) lol will process the negs (Fomapan 200) tonight but won't get near a neg scanner til tuesday night

negs are looking ok :) just in the final stages of washing now... but then i'm crap at looking at negs and knowing whether they work or not lol

I used one in the days when they were new. Used it to take literally thousands of shots.

You are unlikely to be able to use the range finder as the cams are made to match the exact lens. though the MPP club might be able to give you a lead.

It would be well worth looking out for a rollfilm holder, their own come with various registers so not all will focus right. Though I think other makes use the standard international back register.

There is very little drop front, so as I did a large number of store interiors I had a large square hoop made and mounted the camera upside down. this then used the raising front as a drop front.

If you can find an old 90mm angulon, provided you stop down it will cover well. The super angulons cost an arm and a leg , and you still need to stop down.

Later I got one of their Monorails a real hefty beast.....

thanks Terrywoodenpic

will be concentrating on 5x4 - not really interested in moving down from there :)

the rangefinder - yeah i know it of a nightmare but will just need to use the focus screen and darkcloth :)

i'm pretty happy with it thus far :)

monorails - yeah i have the colege cambo sc2 at home at the moment, it's HUGE and weighs a tonne :)

Don't knock the usefulness of a 6x9 back. I won the M20 M2 Bluebell link road contract from KCC roads department using colour neg over the life of the Build. It would have been uneconomic in 5x4.

Although the rangefinder cam was profiled for an individual lens they will often give acceptable focus with a lens of the same focal length, especially when using small apertures. I used to make my own cams and file them to give correct focus. Long winded the first time but it gets easier with practice.
http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/diycamplates.htm

Its worth checking the rangefinder accuracy if you don't know the camera history. it doesn't take much of a bump to put them out of kilter. Adjustment is not difficult.
http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/rangefin.htm

Although the rangefinder cam was profiled for an individual lens they will often give acceptable focus with a lens of the same focal length, especially when using small apertures. I used to make my own cams and file them to give correct focus. Long winded the first time but it gets easier with practice.
http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/diycamplates.htm

Its worth checking the rangefinder accuracy if you don't know the camera history. it doesn't take much of a bump to put them out of kilter. Adjustment is not difficult.
http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/rangefin.htm

thanks john :) will look at it soon

*drools* ( i drool too much at all the nice equipment shown on here -sorry for making a mess :LOL: )

congrats! hope you get some nice shots!!

Am saving up for a LF camera now... dunno what to get though!

good luck saving - you will love it

my cam and lens came to around £450 all in

cheers(y)

that must be one deep hole in your pocket now:LOL:

cheers(y)

that must be one deep hole in your pocket now:LOL:

it certainly is

i had the cash and was deciding between another DSLR or this and this won...there are other ones about and you can pick them up a bit cheaper, it's the Mk VIII i got but you can pick them up cheaper - i know there was one on here advertised recently for £225 which would need a new lens or dealing with a lens that is out on the timings a little. from memory it was a MkVI one

it certainly is

i had the cash and was deciding between another DSLR or this and this won...there are other ones about and you can pick them up a bit cheaper, it's the Mk VIII i got but you can pick them up cheaper - i know there was one on here advertised recently for £225 which would need a new lens or dealing with a lens that is out on the timings a little. from memory it was a MkVI one

cheers for the advice! before I go out to buy anything LF though, I need to do a hellova lot of research though. i know basics (bellows, lens, ground glass focusing, black cloth over head, etc....) but theres also so much more I don't know:LOL:

I was thinking of going down to a camera fair (if I can find one in london...) and taking a look at whats there.

People will find the Mark v11 almost as good but not quite as pretty. It has the advantage that lens panels are easier to make. The other advantage is that it is always less expensive. but still has the international back... which earlier models did not have.

The nicest hand held 5x4 I have had was the Crown Graphic special ... Lovely range finder , it even projects a pair of spots in the darks for range finding. It is much lighter than a MPP or Linhoff and also can come with a 1/1000 between lens shutter speed. You set it by turning the lens barrel. The down side is no real movements.

People will find the Mark v11 almost as good but not quite as pretty. It has the advantage that lens panels are easier to make. The other advantage is that it is always less expensive. but still has the international back... which earlier models did not have.

The nicest hand held 5x4 I have had was the Crown Graphic special ... Lovely range finder , it even projects a pair of spots in the darks for range finding. It is much lighter than a MPP or Linhoff and also can come with a 1/1000 between lens shutter speed. You set it by turning the lens barrel. The down side is no real movements.

searching fleabay now. NO ONE ELSE LOOK/BID OR ELSE:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back