Todays Purchase

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
3907447999_e9a1d1b2d4.jpg

A Canon AV-1 with FD 50mm f/1.8. £8 from Age Concern in comparison to £59 for the same kit from ffordes, making me quite happy :LOL:

Anyone have any tips or advise for this camera? Currently running a test roll through it but anything before its dev'd would be useful.

Sam.

Wow a bargain......it's a nice camera, fairly basic, but it just does the job with accurate exposures......I like mine.
BTW dont set the lens (or mount) on "A" (or similar for other lenses)...... as you could get the wrong exposure. If you do accidently mount a lens on "A" then set to a f number, take off and re-mount.

Amazing Bargain, wish our local charity shops had items like this, only seem to do Books and Womens clothes.

Dave.

Wow a bargain......it's a nice camera, fairly basic, but it just does the job with accurate exposures......I like mine.
BTW dont set the lens (or mount) on "A" (or similar for other lenses)...... as you could get the wrong exposure. If you do accidently mount a lens on "A" then set to a f number, take off and re-mount.

Cheers for this. Its the exact type of thing I could have done accidentally.

really what does A do excalibur, I'd just guessed it was auto stop down when the shutter is pressed - I use it on m42 and p6 lenses hope I haven't done somat bad

Hi

I have a Tamron 70 - 150 f3.8 Zoom FD fit, been in a box for years, probably need a clean,if any use to you, can have it for Post + donation to TP.

Dave

really what does A do excalibur, I'd just guessed it was auto stop down when the shutter is pressed - I use it on m42 and p6 lenses hope I haven't done somat bad

On the dial it's always on "A"...if using flash set it on 60 and then there is "B"

And maybe oh dear:- if you use m42 lenses you have to stop the lens down manually, the camera will then automatically select the correct shutter speed....So you can focus wide open, then stop lens down to required f stop, and press the shutter.

theres a stick that comes out on metering and on firing that stops down the lens (had a play when I got home last night) as long as its on A if on M (on lens) it stops down as you twist the aperture ring

Amazing Bargain, wish our local charity shops had items like this, only seem to do Books and Womens clothes.

Dave.

My local charrity shop has 3 box's full of old cameras and lenses coming in on Wednesday for me to rifle through! Hope theres a few bargains there :D

Back