Torch for illumination

He has some great shots of very interesting invertebrates.
Is that his only lighting solution I do not know but any well diffused light source that is powerful enough (the right torch will be powerful enough) will work.
So why not use it?

He has some great shots of very interesting invertebrates.
Is that his only lighting solution I do not know but any well diffused light source that is powerful enough (the right torch will be powerful enough) will work.
So why not use it?
I agree, I just wondered if anyone had tried - sadly Andreas is not in a position to answer.
This shows why we need a macro discussion section
I agree.

I've used torches quite a few times. Modern LED are amazing power wise, heck I have used one to light the B&G outside a wedding venue through a brolly. Two things to conside. Some have narrow beams so look for one with more of a spread light. and the other is colour, I'd suggest a custom white ballance.
If your after a ton of power look at a skyray king on flebay, about £30 I've got the 6 head one and it's mental, as bright as my cars main beam. About the same size and weight as a can of soup.

I've used torches quite a few times. Modern LED are amazing power wise, heck I have used one to light the B&G outside a wedding venue through a brolly. Two things to conside. Some have narrow beams so look for one with more of a spread light. and the other is colour, I'd suggest a custom white ballance.
If your after a ton of power look at a skyray king on flebay, about £30 I've got the 6 head one and it's mental, as bright as my cars main beam. About the same size and weight as a can of soup.
Thanks for that, is it this one
https://gb.lightmalls.com/blue-and-...DyhQhZzUCVrGZx58A3ni6_3ZPDyFxk1UaAirpEALw_wcB

Thanks for the point about custom white balance I will have to research that.

Thanks for that, is it this one
https://gb.lightmalls.com/blue-and-...DyhQhZzUCVrGZx58A3ni6_3ZPDyFxk1UaAirpEALw_wcB

Thanks for the point about custom white balance I will have to research that.
Different colour but the torch looks the same David. I'm not convinced mine is waterproof though, I doubt a shower would bother it but I suspect a drowning would kill it.
Top tip dont point it at your face and turn it on! ;) I wont be doing that again.
Another odd thing is all the batteries go in the same way around, and mine will work with just one battery in, as opposed to the 4x it takes, although it is noticably brighter with all four.

Thats interesting, I have a UVa surefire torch, powerfull little bugger, that I'm thinking of somehow attaching to the camera. Never take this torch to a pub and use in the toilet area!!!
I'm thinking of using it on flower pics.

Back