Traffic Lights for aircraft

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
not often the traffic has to stop for a passing aircraft :D

922901913_nJeD2-XL.jpg

intresting pic love the prop blur. where was it taken ?

We also have the same set up at Southend Airport in Essex.

Nice & different image. I know I have been there but cant remember which airfield now Coningsby or Waddington

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight is hangared at Waddington.............

That's one plane I wouldn't mind having to stop and watch.

Wife's Grandad was a Tailgunner in one of those (Pathfinders) , and he got hit by Shrapnel. When he was recovering in hospital, "his" plane with a relief crew got shot down over Belgium with all those on board dying.........

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight is hangared at Waddington.............

That's one plane I wouldn't mind having to stop and watch.

Wife's Grandad was a Tailgunner in one of those (Pathfinders) , and he got hit by Shrapnel. When he was recovering in hospital, "his" plane with a relief crew got shot down over Belgium with all those on board dying.........

BBMF is based down the road from me at Coningsby.

One of my fellow Lions was a Radio operator on Lancs. He has some fascinating stories.

BBMF is based down the road from me at Coningsby.

Apologies. I stand corrected.

(Could have sworn I read somewhere it was at Waddington - probably on Wikipedia!!! :LOL:)

Similar set up on the A5 across Anglesey as it passes Mona airfield.

Apologies. I stand corrected.

(Could have sworn I read somewhere it was at Waddington - probably on Wikipedia!!! :LOL:)

The Lancaster used to be based at Waddington, before it became a BBMF item. My uncle used to be the flight engineer on it when it was at Waddington.

Humberside airport also has traffic lights.

Similar set up on the A5 across Anglesey as it passes Mona airfield.

and RAF Valley too, several RAF bases have the same set up, just in case anything goes wrong on landing and the aircraft come in either, too fast, too low, or have an emergancy

excellent shot by the way, i did work experience in 2006 on that aircraft :)

That is absolutely brilliant.:clap::)

fantastic shot!!!! a legendary plane!

Great image.
The ultimate in helping an old lady cross the road.
Almost makes me well up.

Excellent shot! I would have been thrilled to see something like that landing across a carriageway:)

Back