Tryfan

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just been to Snowdonia and, the weather was terrible for landscape photography! 4 days of grey, drab, drizzly and rainy weather, until ... yesterday evening it seemed to clear a bit so I drove over to the Ogwen valley and noticed that the summit of Tryfan was visible at last! Took a hike up the hill opposite and managed to make this image (one of a few) which i'm really quite pleased with.

It's one of those images that's been done many times, by many people, but this is my first attempt at it and I'm pleased ith the results. Needless to say, I walked back down the hill with a rather large smile on my face :) .

I hope you like it...

Fujifilm X-Pro2; XF10-24 lenas (@12mm); ISO 200; F13; 1/50

Last edited:
Excellent ;)

Excellent ;)

Excellent light and dramatic landscape. I was up there myself about ten days ago and my best pic was a little bit tame compared to this one!

Really like that, just about got away with the cloud leaving the peak of Tryfan exposed while covering devils kitchen etc behind

It's a classic viewpoint for a reason. Really nicely done and well worth the, probably quite boggy, walk up. I may well be there on Monday.

Thanks all, good luck for Monday Jason, I think the forecast is a bit better than we had this week.

Nice job.

Snowdonia reminds me of The Highlands here in Scotland.

A lovely North Wales landscape though not a Tryfan view I immediately recognised.

In the late 60's > early 70's it was a repeated place I went to on climbing trips with the school.....with lessons learned on Little Tryfan and Tryfan itself. Before progressing to more difficult climbs in the Llanberis pass area. In the main happy days of my more active youth :)

A lovely North Wales landscape though not a Tryfan view I immediately recognised.

In the late 60's > early 70's it was a repeated place I went to on climbing trips with the school.....with lessons learned on Little Tryfan and Tryfan itself. Before progressing to more difficult climbs in the Llanberis pass area. In the main happy days of my more active youth :)

Thanks, glad it bought back memories for you :)

Cracking shot from Pen Yr Ole Wen.

I was there in April and stayed up all night where you were for the Milky Way.

It were bloomin' cold.

Cracking shot from Pen Yr Ole Wen.

I was there in April and stayed up all night where you were for the Milky Way.

It were bloomin' cold.
Cheers, although not quite on Pen yr Ole Wen, rather just on the shoulder slopes, by Afon Lloer.

And yes, I can imagine it was blummin chilly!!

Back