Trying to print greetings cards!!

Name
Lawrie
Edit My Images
Yes
I have the Epson ET-8500

Have just topped up the inks, with the official inks from Epson themselves. However when I print I am getting streaks on the photo, like its missing tho when i do a printer head clean all the lines are perfect. Has anyone any ideas? I dont really want the expense of buying photo greetings cards online as i dont know how many will eventually sell, I just wanted to print one or two for myself and then advertise online.

If anyone can shed some light, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

A quick 5 minute google search gave me this. Replace the print head? Send it to a service shop where they can clean the printhead for you. There are lots of information with a simple search key such as: Epson ET-8500 streak problem

I have the Epson ET-8500

Have just topped up the inks, with the official inks from Epson themselves. However when I print I am getting streaks on the photo, like its missing tho when i do a printer head clean all the lines are perfect. Has anyone any ideas? I dont really want the expense of buying photo greetings cards online as i dont know how many will eventually sell, I just wanted to print one or two for myself and then advertise online.

Thanks
Could you show a picture of the problem?

My immediate thought is you are describing a head strike.

I recommend you look at Keith Cooper's videos about the ET-8550 including about printing greetings cards

NB I bought small quantities of pre-cut and creased cards ......yet to do anything more than a test or two some months back. They came from Paperspectrum (their Pinnacle papers IIRC?) and they will create free custom ICC profiles if you buy their papers.

Last edited:
I have the Epson ET-8500

Thanks
Somewhat worrying, as I've been inching closer to getting one of these! Hope you solve it, do please let us know, thanks!

Have you tried it on a different batch of paper? Have the lines only appeared since you have topped up?

Was it allowed to run dry? I imagine that could potentially damage a print head.

It would be good to see an example.

I have the ET8550 but have yet to top up the inks.

Back