underwater supermacro

These are lovely images, I know how macro can test skill and patience, so taking images in the deep must be stressful yet rewarding.
Thank you for sharing Mike.
Frog Fish (y)

Wonderful, love the candy crab ;)

Nice, especially the lighting...

The two shauns are a little too "spotlighted" for me, but IDK what could be done differently... I don't even know everything involved other than it isn't easy.

Fantastic as always!

Great stuff. Shaun The Sheep made me chuckle . . . :giggle:

Wow beautiful shots, I love the colours.
Thanks for sharing
Thank James
:agree: excellent images
Appreciated Chris
These are lovely images, I know how macro can test skill and patience, so taking images in the deep must be stressful yet rewarding.
Thank you for sharing Mike.
Frog Fish (y)
Ta Gav, must admit, the frogfish will be getting printed out soon, my favourite
Wonderful, love the candy crab ;)
Thanks Jak,
Excellent
Thankyou.
Nice, especially the lighting...

The two shauns are a little too "spotlighted" for me, but IDK what could be done differently... I don't even know everything involved other than it isn't easy.
Cheers Steve. This style of diving is called 'muck diving' a you search black sand for the tiny critters, so its not too often you want the background showing up because its not often very photogenic. The lighting is via a 'snoot' - basically a spotlight, and doesn't always work as planned, I just tried to show something a bit more that the animal itself to try and be different. Not saying out worked but that was the plan
These are amazing - well worth the effort
Thanks John
Fantastic as always!
Cheers Lindsay
Great stuff. Shaun The Sheep made me chuckle . . . :giggle:
Ha ha, cheers - even all the Asians call it Shaun the Sheep, and not many of them are well versed in British telly!

These certainly have the "WOW!" about them. Nice one.

I recognise the last four of those from a friends underwater macro's. Dave has been diving around Bali many times & always makes me green with his shots. You've also made me jealous...

His presentations to our workshop have made me aware of many of the difficulties in this sort of shooting not met above ground (backscatter etc). You seem to controlled them well! 10/10

Back