Wild Various macro/close-ups from local nature reserve

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
More shots from this little nature reserve near me. It started a bit rainy but brightened up nicely as per the weather app on my phone which was nice :D
I finally got some shots of Dragonflies but kinda gave up trying to get those shots with my 100mm macro lens! These are with my 100-400mm which isn't exactly sharp :| Where's a 400mm macro lens when you need one?

Rainy Rain! by Phal44, on Flickr
Dragonfly by Phal44, on Flickr
Orangy Butterfly by Phal44, on Flickr
Bling Beetle by Phal44, on Flickr
Dragonfly by Phal44, on Flickr

The last three are very good
Love the light on the third one the skipper
The last dragonfly is a four spot chaser
I think that the second one is a black tailed skimmer but not 100% sure unfortunately they often perch on the ground

A good diverse set - thanks for sharing with us 'ever hungry to see' little creatures mob :clap:

The last three are very good
Love the light on the third one the skipper
The last dragonfly is a four spot chaser
I think that the second one is a black tailed skimmer but not 100% sure unfortunately they often perch on the ground

Agreed on both IDs.

What a great set!. Normally I'd vote for the dragonfly shots, but in this case #1 is the winner - fantatsic perspective and shallow dof really make it a great shot.

Agreed on both IDs.

What a great set!. Normally I'd vote for the dragonfly shots, but in this case #1 is the winner - fantatsic perspective and shallow dof really make it a great shot.

I thought that #1 would make a good shoot but I was still a little surprised at how much I liked it :)

Dragonflies are awesome but definitely a pain to photograph and I get annoyed at my 100-400 for not being as sharp as I'd like :(

Back