Warmer tonight

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
The cold freeze has gone, and it's much warmer tonight, so I thought I would have a quick look in the garden (around 11pm-ish)..

There wasn't much in all honesty, but I managed 3 photo's.

First is a woodlice which I suspect is not the victim in the photo... As well as decaying wood, common rough woodlice feed on leaf litter, fungi, fallen fruit, dead animals and even faeces. They even eat their own excrement, an act known as coprophagy. I think this one is feeding on the spider, not the other way around...

wood_eat_a_4k-XL.jpg

Next up is the tail end of a scooting Katiannidae globular springtail. They are small (up to 6 mm) but very abundant. This one just didn't fancy a portrait though...

kat_bum_a_4k-XL.jpg

Third up is a fly on the garden fence - there were two, but the other turned away from the camera, so I stayed with this one.

eyefly_b_4k-XL.jpg

Paul.

The cold freeze has gone, and it's much warmer tonight, so I thought I would have a quick look in the garden (around 11pm-ish)..

There wasn't much in all honesty, but I managed 3 photo's.

First is a woodlice which I suspect is not the victim in the photo... As well as decaying wood, common rough woodlice feed on leaf litter, fungi, fallen fruit, dead animals and even faeces. They even eat their own excrement, an act known as coprophagy. I think this one is feeding on the spider, not the other way around...

wood_eat_a_4k-XL.jpg

Next up is the tail end of a scooting Katiannidae globular springtail. They are small (up to 6 mm) but very abundant. This one just didn't fancy a portrait though...

kat_bum_a_4k-XL.jpg

Third up is a fly on the garden fence - there were two, but the other turned away from the camera, so I stayed with this one.

eyefly_b_4k-XL.jpg

Paul.
I had no idea you could find flies in gardens at 11pm at this time of year, that image is superb !

I had no idea you could find flies in gardens at 11pm at this time of year, that image is superb !

There is more than many would imagine, in winter Keith...

Paul.

Good finds and captures and talking us through it all makes the the thread more enjoyable.

Well done Paul :D

Very nice set of macro/close up style captures Paul, with some fine detail.

That's what you call dedication Paul.
I'm always amazed by what you find, in adverse conditions.
Great set :)

Back