Wasp Feeding 04

Home made marmalade :) We make lots of homemade jams and pickles.

Home made marmalade :) We make lots of homemade jams and pickles.
When I lived nearby to them I would always forage for wild fruits for my mums jam making obsession. I knew of a few wild plum trees which mixed with blackberry very nicely for a jam. Got a few blueberry bushes out back which should by next year produce more than enough for a good run if I don't end up eating them all straight off the bush first.

I make my own mustard piccalilli, took me months of trying different recipes until I found the recipe that I really like.
I make 250ml jars and give them out as Christmas pressies :)

When first moved to the UK I was very sceptical on piccalilli and pickle as we have nothing like it in the US but I can safely say I am a fully fledged convert now after 20+ years. Nothing beats it in ham and cheese sandwich.

I seriously need lunch now...

Interesting……..a few days ago I went out to dinner, sat outside in the cool. Within seconds of the food arriving……a wasp arrived. It was engrossed with the pulled beef burger and whatever was in it. My wasp dinner guest was given a small portion of the pulled beef on the edge of the plate……..it just feasted. Wasn’t bothered by human company. Amazingly, the humans were happy to share with the wasp! I do believe wasps might no be fussy eaters, a bit like seagulls!

Attachments

• 0A41172A-C5F9-456F-B297-27B1F3E316EA.jpeg
    0A41172A-C5F9-456F-B297-27B1F3E316EA.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DC7C69F6-0896-400E-BD0C-2BB2DC0BF7EC.jpeg
    DC7C69F6-0896-400E-BD0C-2BB2DC0BF7EC.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back