WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Cheers, Nod. Much appreciated.

I've ordered 12 author copies (which I'll have to wait for up to 12 days for), 10 of which will be donated to the Bedford MS Therapy Centre.

Arrived! Thank goodness there's no author photograph!!! :p

Still need to decide if it's for the beach or for here...

WCMUT is both bikes sailed through their MOT. Usual advisory on one of them but it's an OEM exhaust so not my fault it's not quiet!!!

Fingers crossed for the other one on Monday.

View attachment 423289
Awaiting wifes lung cancer treatment plan. Nightmare.
At least we're lucky enough to sit here and forget the world for an hour or so.

Sorry to read about your wife,Brian. Must be very stressful.

Just the other day I was thinking of slipping in to an appropriate post by you asking when we'll see your garden again because last year you posted a photo of it covered in flowers and it looked great .I was going ask if you are the gardener or Mrs.Brian..maybe both. A lovely place to chill out

Sorry to read about your wife,Brian. Must be very stressful.

Just the other day I was thinking of slipping in to an appropriate post by you asking when we'll see your garden again because last year you posted a photo of it covered in flowers and it looked great .I was going ask if you are the gardener or Mrs.Brian..maybe both. A lovely place to chill out
Thanks mate. Its all her, I'm just the labourer/landscaper.

It just struck me sitting in our little paradise, with no other worries, that some poor soul is going through the same hell, but skint and in a tower block.
Small mercies and all that.
PS. You will have to suffer it again when it's in full bloom. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. Nice place to be, I've been trying to switch off today but the neighbours either side are taking alternative turns with destroying the tranquility with one chipping off render and then they other using power tools on wood.

I'm about to roll out the BBQ and deploy the smoker, then watch them scramble to put their washing away....
Ours is total peace today, just the fountain bubbling and the birds chirping. Bliss.
Silence is such a rare commodity these days.

Awaiting wifes lung cancer treatment plan. Nightmare.
At least we're lucky enough to sit here and forget the world for an hour or so.

Wishing her and you the best possible outcome.

Brian, this isn't everyone's thing but I/we are church goers and if you are agreeable I'll include you both in my silent prayer. The congregation all do one for people in their thoughts.

Wishing her and you the best possible outcome.

Brian, this isn't everyone's thing but I/we are church goers and if you are agreeable I'll include you both in my silent prayer. The congregation all do one for people in their thoughts.
Thank you. Thats very kind of you.

It's my birthday today and the first one alone as Mrs WW is in Thailand for 6 months and my mam died last September so I wasn't feeling the birthday mood all that much but at church today everyone sang happy birthday and I was presented with cards and this...

DSC05725-Enhanced-NR.jpg

It's massive so there's plenty left for the church tea/coffee morning on Tuesday :D

And a photography related PS. Not a bad picture for ISO 20,000.

MHR, Alan.

Not sure those berries will last until Tuesday!!!

It's my birthday today and the first one alone as Mrs WW is in Thailand for 6 months and my mam died last September so I wasn't feeling the birthday mood all that much but at church today everyone sang happy birthday and I was presented with cards and this...

View attachment 423349

It's massive so there's plenty left for the church tea/coffee morning on Tuesday :D

And a photography related PS. Not a bad picture for ISO 20,000.
Happy birthday Alan.

It's a wonderful feeling isn't it......
Certainly is, we are just happy that it finished now.

I'm sure the spare money will get spent somewhere , we've got 2 boys who no doubt will want a hand when it comes to buying their first house. We need to get rid of them first! one still at home at 28 , the other 25 was living in Nottingham but is in the process of changing jobs and working in London, so he is coming home for a bit. His Girlfriend works in London so they have a plan of getting somewhere together.

There was I thinking once Uni was done we would get some space and peace and quiet !

Back