What an amazing FREEBIE!!!!

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Was round my friends house last night and he showed me what he had been given by his father who was given it by someone who he was doing a house clearance for.

It's a Zenit 12XP Photosniper Outfit all in a metal carry case. It consist of

Zenit 12XP camera
Tair-3s 300mm f4.5-f22 prime Lens M42 thread
Pistol grip trigger / lens holder
Helios 44 M-4 Lens M42 thread
Filters, unused strap 2 screwdrivers and all in a metal carry case. The thing is everything looked 100% MINT! like it has never been used. I was amazed at the quality of everything. The Helios and filters actually screwed into the case top so they were not loose!!

My mate was wondering how old this would be, what this would be worth and i would like to know also as i'm interested in buying it. It would be just a wonderful thing to own!

Here are a couple pics, sorry about the quality but my camera phone is really naff!!

2Image0014.jpg

2Image0015.jpg

Similar to this:

You can still buy them new, this one would be fairly new as it has the TTL camera body, new price is £110.- £120. plus post, the Tair is a good lens, use it with your DSLR, or just get some film .

Dave.

Available new???? blimey!! any idea where?

A small word of caution, while these are not bad camers/lens to do look a bit "iffy" I wouldn't risk using it anywhere near high prifile places/people
Plod (not always known for sound judgment) may well shoot first and not bother asking questions, especially if your a Brazilian electrician.

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the double post.... slip of the fingers! :D

I may get an angry duck chase me but not Mr PC Plod :D

A small word of caution, while these are not bad camers/lens to do look a bit "iffy" I wouldn't risk using it anywhere near high prifile places/people
Plod (not always known for sound judgment) may well shoot first and not bother asking questions, especially if your a Brazilian electrician.

Ok I've got to ask.... What makes this any different looking to any other SLR/DSLR long lens combination? :shrug: :thinking:

Thanks for the merge!

Looks like this kit isn't worth much. Good for me if i can buy it! The nice thing is that it all looks brand spanking new.

I'll let you know how i get on.

So how much do you think i should offer? I was thinking about £50?

If you decide you dont want it I.ll have it for that money...

Dave.

I'll let you know what happens. Thing is i probably wouldn't use the 300mm lens and the Helios either as i have 3 lenses of similar size. I don't want the camera body either but the whole kit is in such perfect condition that it would just be nice to own!

I started off with a Zenit 12XP about 20 years ago! I still have it in the loft.
I used to have a b&w darkroom at my gran's house back in the day, too. :D

I saw recently 2 ebay auctions for a Jupiter-9 lens from different ebayers but same image!!! You gotta watch some of these people! :D

Ish godz, do we know if the photos are of the one that sold, or its the same photo from previous auctions cos he had 6 of them, who knows.:shrug:

When you put the kit together, you hold it like a rifle, the trigger fires the shutter.

Dave.

What a tool!!!!!

You'll look! :D :D :D :D

Imagine a busy shopping mall and someone screams "he's got a gun":eek:

Be even worse in the middle of London, taking some shots of Buck House.

Dave.

Back