What do we have here

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken my Hotel garden this morning in Cambodia. What do we have here.

P2222141.jpg

It looks to me like an ant mimic jumping spider.
Good photo I love the angle. They do live in the UK but I have only seen them in Colombia - and even there not common.

It looks to me like an ant mimic jumping spider.
Good photo I love the angle. They do live in the UK but I have only seen them in Colombia - and even there not common.

Thanks David
As I said in Cambodia I have not heard of them in the UK. I was initially fooled it was an but its behaviour sparked my interest as it was still due it feeding I think. It was very obliging letting me shoot it.

Interesting subject and great shot is the small one an ant>
Yes a lucky chance that I saw them together. Last year despite quite a lot of time looking for creatures (and seeing loads) I didn't any ant mimic spiders.
BTW if you are still in Cambodia try looking at night you can see loads of mantids, phasmids etc. However only walk at night places which are easy to walk it is easy to get at lost in the countryside.

Yes a lucky chance that I saw them together. Last year despite quite a lot of time looking for creatures (and seeing loads) I didn't any ant mimic spiders.
BTW if you are still in Cambodia try looking at night you can see loads of mantids, phasmids etc. However only walk at night places which are easy to walk it is easy to get at lost in the countryside.

No back in the UK

Back