What has caused these halos?

Name
Wilson
Edit My Images
Yes

I shot the above at f1.4 iirc but I have never seen halos in my photos before. Click on the image to see them more clearly. Could it be to do with my developing. I accidently exposed the film to light (hence the fogging in the bottom left I presume) when I emptied the developer because the funnel was not properly on. It is Ilford Delta 3200 pulled to 1600 in ID-11.

Yep I have an UV filter permamently attached, but I've shot wide open at night before and not encountered it previously.

Yes the halos appear around some of the fireworks, but they also appear among some of the light sources along the ship. So you reckon it could be the smoke that's filtering the light giving that effect, sounds plausible :)

Are they on your negs? I only ask this because my scanner on certain settings has a tendency to make this effect on the pictures I scan in.

Otherwise it could either be an agitation problem, or as people have said, just the fact that smoke is being illuminated

Yes the halos appear around some of the fireworks, but they also appear among some of the light sources along the ship. So you reckon it could be the smoke that's filtering the light giving that effect, sounds plausible :)

Could be solarisation due to the accidental exposure you mentioned.

Anthony.

Back