Wild Wood Ant on the move

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

I went back again this morning, whilst doing my rounds and found they were running along branches of a tree at shoulder height, here's one I grabbed without being stung, bitten or sprayed with acid - which is always a good thing :exit:

Thanks for looking

Les ;)

Thank you Lee- these little beggars don't have move fast :p

Les ;)

These are cool little things! Glad you survived un scathed LOL

PMSL oh bless ya.... :D

Are they really that bad?

Wow Les the Crocodile Dundee of Somerset :)

Yet another good un (y)

Nice capture les with lots of detail in the shot, glad you came away unscathed (y)

Great set on flickr too some of the shots they look quite menacing :confused:

Steve

Last edited:
Nice capture les with lots of detail in the shot, glad you came away unscathed (y)

Great set on flickr too

Steve

Thank you Steve- unscathed today- not so lucky yesterday though :coat:

A lovely shot Les, as usual, I came across these last year and they move so fast.

I need to photograph one of these, any extension tubes used lez and how do they compare in size to normal garden ants? They look nasty!!!! ........ And cool.

Nice capture and not an easy one as they move so blooming fast...
Thank you Bryn, comments appreciated

A lovely shot Les, as usual, I came across these last year and they move so fast.
Many thanks Rob,not seen you around for a while, I trust all is well with you?

Nice one.
Thanks Nick, appreciate you stopping by to view

I need to photograph one of these, any extension tubes used lez and how do they compare in size to normal garden ants? They look nasty!!!! ........ And cool.
Cheers Matt, No tubes used just up close and personal with the new 105mm sigma, these are around 3 times larger than normal Ants, they are extremely aggressive :runaway:- have a look around any PINE woodland for a large Mound of pine needles, that's where they live, good hunting and watch out for bites, stings and acid spray, I kid you not fella

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks you for taking the time to comment Tim

Les ;)

Back