Wornish's - 52 in 2021 Week 52 - Showcase

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 44 - Underneath - Composite

Very late to this challenge but was given a chance to get some practice in for next years.
This is the Andromeda Galaxy created by stacking 40 x 180 sec images on top of each other. So is a composite image.
the last 12 layers were taken last night and the others taken last month.

Hope it meets the rules.

M31_3sessions_2021.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard David.

Great image and covers all aspects of this weeks theme. (y)
And the Tech in one hit. ( only one image needs to comply with the technique, across a two month period )

Don't forget to post it on the main page here

And then link it back to your personal thread.
If you aren't sure how to / what to do,
Its all explained here

@LC2
Tim, can you give David a slot on the sheet when you get a minute Ta :)

Ticks the technique box perfectly, and a great result of a stunning image of Andromeda!

Well it's a composite and for some of the year we seem to be underneath it so as far as the theme goes it's spot on. As far as a photograph goes it's excellent, well done.

Great image. I am always impressed by astro photography - something I keep meaning to try.

Well there you go, three in one: a Halloween catchup, a snappers choice AND a composite tech theme. Excellent.

Absolutely love your stacked image for Underneath. Real wow factor! I think it might be worth adding that it is for the composite technique in the title of the post, so that @LC2 doesn't miss it, if he hasn't seen it already.

Clever halloween shot - I wonder how long you waited for a witch to fly across? Such patience :ROFLMAO: Lovely detail in your moon.

Absolutely love your stacked image for Underneath. Real wow factor! I think it might be worth adding that it is for the composite technique in the title of the post, so that @LC2 doesn't miss it, if he hasn't seen it already.

Clever halloween shot - I wonder how long you waited for a witch to fly across? Such patience :ROFLMAO: Lovely detail in your moon.
Thanks. I have updated the title.

Love a fungi shot (I may have said that before :) ). Always an interesting subject and just goes to show they don't have to be in perfect nick tomato a decent capture. Fits the theme nicely.

Week 46 - Back of "The Queue" - Techn - Composite

10 images focus stacked into one composite.

Back-of-the-queue.jpg

Great idea and well done for the tech too. Quick off the mark!

Photobomber!

I had another idea for the Back of theme but decided not to use it in the end.

Back of my camera. :olympus:

Back-of-My-Camera.jpg

Struggled to decide what to post. for week 47 Culture.

Here are some practice shots.

Well these are certainly not real so must be cultured:
Cultured_.jpg

Reading old classics makes feel kind of cultured I guess.

Culture 2.jpg

But I think I will go with this one. Cancel Culture drives me crazy!! (Its also a composite} :jaffano:

Cancel Culture.jpg

Last edited:
A very original take on the theme!

PS Your link takes us to the top of the page, not this week's entry. :)

Some nice interpretations of the theme there. The pearls is a great one!

You are overdoing it with too many good ideas at once! Cultured pearls - I was wishing I'd thought of that :) The cancel culture is perfect though, and a great idea for a composite. Well done.

Week 48: Living out of a Suitcase

Suitcase.jpg

Last edited:
Another great idea. I really like this colour palette and composition where you feel you are in the room, except I'd have liked to see the bottom of the chair legs :)

Nice take on this week's challenge. Simple and clear, and as bebop says nice complimentary colours

lovely colours and light on the image and a good take on the theme. It's just a shame that you've cropped the bottom of the chair legs off (for me, anyway).

I know I only noticed I cropped the chair legs off after posting. Must learn to check and then check again:(

Week 49: Still Life

Not very original.

Still-Life-3.jpg

Had this one as an alternative, my wife ate one of the oranges so I found a lemon in the fridge.

Oranges and a Lemon2.jpg

Last edited:
I find the intersection of the top of the bowl and the table not the best, also the radiator behind is distracting. As Simon says the reflection of the bowl on the table top is nice.

Pete

Back