Zine Exchange VII - January to April 2024

Mines done, just needs printing.
Once again I will be going the ‘old skinflint’ route , all being done in-house ie spare room here at hill towers

Mines done, just needs printing.
Once again I will be going the ‘old skinflint’ route , all being done in-house ie spare room here at hill towers
I do think it makes your zines quite special Gary.

When do you guys plan sending out the zines?
Got mine last week so will probably post out this week. Am really pleased with it apart from a massive facepalm which no one will notice if I don't tell them. So I'm keeping quiet. Also, the paper weight is a bit flimsy. I'm fairly certain I said this last time, but every time it comes round to ordering, I just go up a weight from the default with the "it'll be fine" mentality then kick myself afterwards.

Excellent!
It looks like many of us have issues, but at the same time I’m pretty sure all the zines are going to be interesting however they’re presented. After all the most important part is the pictures.

Maybe should be in WAMT

Just checking my zine to make sure it’s all ready for me to print out…….
All prepared photos and finished booklet have disappeared, not in Affinity nowhere to be found on the IMac

Bummer

Good job I printed a test a few weeks ago , just waiting for a rainy day to re construct

Photocopy the test and send that - a proper zine!

I’ve got mine yesterday, I’ll post this week hopefully. It looks a bit crap but It’s done now so this one will count as experience for the next one…

I’ve got mine yesterday, I’ll post this week hopefully. It looks a bit crap but It’s done now so this one will count as experience for the next one…
I've found I get happier with mine the more I do. There are still niggles and things I wish I'd done differently, but as the old saying goes - practise makes perfect. I also find that having a ridiculous collection of other people's zines can be hugely inspiring and helpful. The creativity just in the small group of folks that do these exchanges here continues to astound me.

I also find that having a ridiculous collection of other people's zines can be hugely inspiring and helpful. The creativity just in the small group of folks that do these exchanges here continues to astound me.
Absolutely! I have to say that’s the main reason I wanted to join the Zine exchange.
There’s something about a printed image that is nowhere near the same experience as looking at a computer screen.

Back