Scotland Around Thurso, Scotland?

Edit My Images
Yes
It looks like I’m going to be out on a job in the far North of Scotland for a few days this week. I’ve got a hire car and will of course be taking my camera with me. Can anyone recommend any hot spots I could quickly hit for nice a landscape or sea scape? I don’t really want to drive more than an hour from Thurso.

Thanks

According to my sister........"Thurso East ,BettyHill (Farr Beach), Dunnet sands and forest, Melvich , Duncansby Head and Stacks, Castle of Mey, Reay, Latheron, Lybster, Keiss (Sinclair bay) ...loads of photogenic coastal places and its great inland too"

A hour from Thurso would get you, going west, to about Tongue and the north coast is pretty spectacular.

Have a look at Sandside Bay(though I think this was one of the contaminated beaches close to Dounreay), Melvich Bay and Strathy Point.

East of Thurso and within the hour are Dunnet Head (the most northerly point on mainland Scotland), Duncansby Head (extreme top right corner of the mainland) and the stacks.

All of these, with the excepting of the stacks at Duncasby could give some good sunset shots. The stacks would be better a little after sunrise (about 4am just now)

If you have enough free time you could look at a day trip to Orkney. The ferry terminal at Scrabster is about a couple of miles from Thurso.

Dave

Back