CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

Old Car.jpg

And how about this Le Voyageur 1984 camping-car owned by us for 2012 to 2017

P1000552.JPG

P1000553.JPG

Never seen one with tbe top up before. Usually there is a little man standing in the back with his arm stuck out in front of him.

You mean that Charlie Chaplin impersonator?

Other brands are available :)

Out of interest, what is it?
It looks like a '76 230e I had, but the front bumper seems a bit thinner, so maybe this one is a few years earlier?

Hi, I looked this up in a DB book. It cannot be a 250 or a 280, which had double front bumpers.

And it must be a pre-1973 model, because it has the front number plate below the bumper.

Hi, I looked this up in a DB book. It cannot be a 250 or a 280, which had double front bumpers.

And it must be a pre-1973 model, because it has the front number plate below the bumper.

Yes, mine had the front plate on the bumper. Flat rear lights, and indicator above the headlight and sidelight below. Not that the small details mean much, because I don't think they always followed Europe exactly.
Parts were cheap (many parts cheaper than the same thing for a Cortina) and easy to work on, but suffered badly from rust, especially the back doors.
Nice to drive, and spacious.

Yes, mine had the front plate on the bumper. Flat rear lights, and indicator above the headlight and sidelight below. Not that the small details mean much, because I don't think they always followed Europe exactly.
Parts were cheap (many parts cheaper than the same thing for a Cortina) and easy to work on, but suffered badly from rust, especially the back doors.
Nice to drive, and spacious.

Hi, /8 were quite easy to run and maintain then. Now, spare parts are quite expensive. The rust problem came from cheap steel DB used then with a high scrap metal content.

In the 1970s the Swedes VOLVO and SAAB used the best steel...

A friend of Dad's had one of them in his garage, awaiting restoration. When he died, his daughter found that most of it was the same colour but in a dusty, flaky pile under what was left of it. Shame - it's a beautiful machine.

A friend of Dad's had one of them in his garage, awaiting restoration. When he died, his daughter found that most of it was the same colour but in a dusty, flaky pile under what was left of it. Shame - it's a beautiful machine.

Hi, they were and are beautiful cars, quite rare here, and difficult and costly to restore, I suppose ...

I don't know if this is classic or even important but it's certainly different...

4x4 special Glassouse Lane Exeter S10 DSCN0824.JPG

What is that orange car, Steve? It's ringing a few bells but image searching what I think it is turns up different cars!
It seems to be the 1974 Ferrari Dino 246 GT. See the small picture on this page...

...here's the direct link to that picture:

Last edited:
A few vague similarities to the Dino but many differences too.

Back