Fish-Quay, Wearmouth.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Believe it or not, there's very little PP on this. Cloned the odd street-light out, shifted the levels a little. Lighting was almost exclusively sodium, so very little 'white' in it's spectrum.

wearn4 by Michael B O'Brien, on Flickr

It's a little bit over sodium for me :shrug: did you set your white balance to sodium lighting out of interest, I'm not sure if this could be sorted out in PP but could have come out slightly better, but if this is what you wanted then fair enough :LOL: but I do really like the composition :clap:

Matt
MWHCVT

I've a similar shot, a bit later in the morning, which is quite blue-er. More natural light around so not quite as orange. I get what you mean about the sodium. Been a while since I took this and it's not on my wall at home anymore ;)
I'm taking this as a 7 out of 10 :)
I'll put up the other one tomorrow, compare?

I really like the colours in the second one, I love the composition of the first but the colours of the second :LOL: :bang: hopefully you will have the opportunity to re-shoot at this location as it looks to have lots of potential (y)

Matt

Plenty of opportunity to re-shoot, it's a 5min walk from home :)
The only difficult part is the weather: any breeze and the boat details motion-blur with a long-ish exposure, even a few seconds.
Of course, there's always light-painting ;)

Bearing in mind this is the 'creative' forum, I have to agree with wilmorh, the warm golden colours in the first is very attractive even if 'technically' out on WB.
I really like it whereas the second doesn't do it for me at all.

My 2p

Like the location and worth experimenting with, but you need to focus closer to the front and have a deeper depth of field towards the back. A longer exposure on a tripod would smooth things out nice.

Back