Flickr Problem

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I've decided to dedicate some time to adding to my 4 pages of Flickr photos. I uploaded two photos I took in 2014 and they went to photos 1 and 2 on page one. Why not after the last one on page 4?

I have tried to find the answer with a Google but the answers are about albums and groups and another about how to upload four or five photos in a particular order. I found out about this when I first started with Flickr..ie upload in reverse order. Above my photos I have selected "Date Uploaded' as the order I want them in rather than the only other option "Date Taken".

Can anyone help, please ?

I've just had a poke around on mine..

If you go to camera roll (1), then to the photos you want to move, select them (2), then go to edit at bottom of screen (3), then you can edit the date of upload and/or date taken (4). This should allow you to reorder them.

Screenshot_20231208_202434_Chrome.jpg

Or

You can do them one by one using the date below each image too.

Screenshot_20231208_201341_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks,Gav. I'll give that a go tomorrow. Bit late now. 10.25pm.

I've never had this problem when I uploaded all the others, they just went in one after the other.

I've just had a poke around on mine..

If you go to camera roll (1), then to the photos you want to move, select them (2), then go to edit at bottom of screen (3), then you can edit the date of upload and/or date taken (4). This should allow you to reorder them.

View attachment 408693

Or

You can do them one by one using the date below each image too.

View attachment 408687

It hasn't worked,Gav. I went through each step you've outlined and each stage was as set out by you. They have both gone to the top of page 1 again ie. the first photos you see. I've just added another one to see what happened and it's done the same ..it then became photo 1 in my Photostream .I deleted it. Maybe there's something buried somewhere that needs changing. No matter how I'd put the question into Google, before asking on here, the answer did not address this particular problem. Do you have any other suggestions ?

It hasn't worked,Gav. I went through each step you've outlined and each stage was as set out by you. They have both gone to the top of page 1 again ie. the first photos you see. I've just added another one to see what happened and it's done the same ..it then became photo 1 in my Photostream .I deleted it. Maybe there's something buried somewhere that needs changing. No matter how I'd put the question into Google, before asking on here, the answer did not address this particular problem. Do you have any other suggestions ?
Which photos did you edit the upload dates for? All or just the 2 you tried to load?

Did you change the upload dates so they are before the dates of the ones on page 4?

Sorry for the silly question :)

You would need to change upload to pre --/--/2014

What 'order by' is selected on your page?

Last edited:
Which photos did you edit the upload dates for? All or just the 2 you tried to load?

Did you change the upload dates so they are before the dates of the ones on page 4?

Sorry for the silly question :)

You would need to change upload to pre --/--/2014

What 'order by' is selected on your page?

Just the two at the start. I changed the upload date to today because I tried again just before I replied.

The last photo..page 4 ..was uploaded on September 5 2017. So today's was...of course ..December 9 ..

My 'order by' is selected for 'Date Uploaded"...not 'Date Taken" Looks like you are suggesting I go back in and put an upload date pre 2014 ? Maybe not.

No question is silly..They have to be asked :). I acknowledge that technology re forum /website and photo software isn't brilliant, to say the least, as Cobra discovered recently re my 'posts alert' option setting.

Just the two at the start. I changed the upload date to today because I tried again just before I replied.

The last photo..page 4 ..was uploaded on September 5 2017. So today's was...of course ..December 9 ..

My 'order by' is selected for 'Date Uploaded"...not 'Date Taken" Looks like you are suggesting I go back in and put an upload date pre 2014 ? Maybe not.

No question is silly..They have to be asked :). I acknowledge that technology re forum /website and photo software isn't brilliant, to say the least, as Cobra discovered recently re my 'posts alert' option setting.
Have you tried changing the dates on the two images to 4th Sept 2017? Did they reorder?

Which page on Flickr are you asking about? The "photostream" has a drop down to change the order of images:
1702155049112.png

Which page on Flickr are you asking about? The "photostream" has a drop down to change the order of images:
View attachment 408800

Page 1. But they should have gone onto page 4..the last page..after the Avoceet in flight. Yes. I selected 'Date Uploaded" from the start.

Last edited:
Ok..I've done that and they've actually moved to page 4 but are now placed before the 8th from last. If you click on my link now it should show the change.

So..I changed the Upload date to Sept 6 2017..a day after the last one..the inflight Avocet but they've remained 9th and 10th back from the Avocet inflight.

What I don't understand is the upload date for the last photo..the Avocet inflight is September 5 2017 so anything uploaded after that..ie today..would, surely come after the Avocet ? As mentioned at the start I opted for the order to be as per "Date uploaded". Have I misunderstood what that means ?

Back