kettle travel 12v questions :)

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
I have a powerbank that has usb ports and a 3 pin plug.. works great for laptop when away

is there a kettle that would plug into it... I ahve looked and they all have ciggerette lighter plugs on the end for car.. i cant make head nor tail of the numbers.

power.jpeg

That power source won't heat a kettle - a kettle is 1,200 - 1,500 Watts (W). TBH, I'm not sure the power source would even power a 12V (car voltage) kettle! I'd go for a little camping stove or a Kelly Kettle instead.

That power source won't heat a kettle - a kettle is 1,200 - 1,500 Watts (W). TBH, I'm not sure the power source would even power a 12V (car voltage) kettle! I'd go for a little camping stove or a Kelly Kettle instead.

i ahve a camping stove (just too windy most days) and there are hundreds of kettles for sale that plug into car battery :) so why not thingy battery

The power supply thingy can't supply enough current (safely). Car batteries are designed to put out several hundred Amps rather than the 2.5 that that power supply can manage. Car kettles take ages to come to the boil at the best of times too - up to half an hour...

i ahve a camping stove (just too windy most days) and there are hundreds of kettles for sale that plug into car battery :) so why not thingy battery

you can get electric 12v kettle but the element is puny it will only be 100w
you cannot break the laws of physics it will be able to work with a car battery just fine it will just take a good while to boil

you can get electric 12v kettle but the element is puny it will only be 100w

exactly :) so you can :)
but they all plug into car. i was hoping for other... obviously not then..

oh well plan b :)

exactly :) so you can :)
but they all plug into car. i was hoping for other... obviously not then..

oh well plan b :)
It will be pretty lame its for old people who pull up in there honda jazz and eat there sarnies a lot

It will be pretty lame its for old people who pull up in there honda jazz and eat there sarnies a lot

THATS ME AND THE MISSUS hahahahahaha :)

Decent flasks would be (are!) my choice.

Decent flasks would be (are!) my choice.

I ahve them as well.. also wasted my money on 2 food flask from asda that where useless ..

Your power supply can output a maximum of 2.5A at 12V via USB. 12 x 2.5 is 30W

Most car lighter sockets are rated to 10A so any kettle that plugs into that would only be 120W at most. You’d be better off with gas, even in windy weather.

Your AC output is only 85W which would never power a kettle.

Last edited:
Back