South-West England Lacock Abbey -Lens Advice and Tripods

Name
Mark Gameson
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon

I'm off to Lacock Abbey on Saturday with our club who are celebrating their 110th Anniversary.

One question I have is are Tripods allowed?

I will be taking my
Nikon D750
Nikkor 24-120 F4
Sigma 12-20 Wide Angle
Nikkor 17-35 2.8

Edit: and my 50mm 1.8

Any point in taking a flash?

Thanks

Don't think you will get to use a tripod in the house and you won't be able to use flash (some of the rooms have subdued lighting to protect the content) but a tripod and flash could be used in the Cloisters and if you take shoots of the outside of the property. My last visit was without flash throughout: https://www.flickr.com/photos/53444368@N05/albums/72157635150037157/with/9555064370/

Thanks gramps I've never been before really looking forward to it.

I'll take a my lightweight tripod I think just incase.

Some love images from your last visit in your Flickr album thank you for sharing them.

Thanks gramps I've never been before really looking forward to it.

I'll take a my lightweight tripod I think just incase.

Some love images from your last visit in your Flickr album thank you for sharing them.

The village itself is worth a bit of time with a great pub just opposite the Abbey ... there is also a large old Tithe Barn on the corner and a great bakers shop right down the road where the barn is situated. Fox Talbot photographic museum (part of the Abbey entrance) may be of interest to the club as well :)

The village itself is worth a bit of time with a great pub just opposite the Abbey ... there is also a large old Tithe Barn on the corner and a great bakers shop right down the road where the barn is situated. Fox Talbot photographic museum (part of the Abbey entrance) may be of interest to the club as well :)

Just been looking on the NT page and hope to get go round the village hoping there may be some nice light and Autumn colours to capture. Mmmm cake that's breakfast sorted then!

Yes looking forward to seeing the photography museum (someone said there was something to do with Nikon there)

I joined the NT recently as the club tries to organise a few outings a year and they are usually to or involving NT places and we have several on our doorstep too so more places to visit!

Back