Many found photographs

These pictures are part of my history and don't want to change them because they show the age. Anything done to them is artificial and false. I have copied them onto B&W film and they will stay with the remainder just to get old together. They will no doubt outlast me. I have another which I know was taken in 1924 after my Grandfather- the ships captain mentioned before was presented with an engraved silver cup by the then Prince of wales but someone has used a pair of scissors and cut out the P.o.W and all you can see is his hand shaking Grandfather Halls hand. I have no idea who did this act of vandalism but because of that I don't have the Princes face to show who it was making the presentation.

I get that.

Especially in regard to creating data that was never there. But repairing tears and creases or removing stains etc is stuff I’m interested in.

I have a photo of me as best man for my mate and somewhere along the line it’s got blue ink on it.

It’s the only copy and the photographers don’t keep their negs that long, so over the years I’ve had a go at repairing it, but my photoshop skills aren’t up to it.

Now with generative fill etc, I might have another go.

You don’t have to ditch the original either.

Just came across this thread.

Awesome work Peter. My jaw is on the floor.

I deserve no credit for the repair, a couple of clicks in Photoshop was all that was needed. I made the coloured version out of interest but I don't think it is very convincing.

More information on the subjects; Granny Forgan married into the Forgan family of golf club fame. I think Forgans are the oldest club makers in the world.

I deserve no credit for the repair, a couple of clicks in Photoshop was all that was needed. I made the coloured version out of interest but I don't think it is very convincing.

More information on the subjects; Granny Forgan married into the Forgan family of golf club fame. I think Forgans are the oldest club makers in the world.
Actually I thought it was a real hand coloured picture so you took me in. It does look very good , perhaps a little too bright for the period but still very good.

I have another which I know was taken in 1924 after my Grandfather- the ships captain mentioned before was presented with an engraved silver cup by the then Prince of wales but someone has used a pair of scissors and cut out the P.o.W and all you can see is his hand shaking Grandfather Halls hand. I have no idea who did this act of vandalism but because of that I don't have the Princes face to show who it was making the presentation.

There is a distinct possibility that was done in disgust after his abdication as Edward VIII in 1936

There is a distinct possibility that was done in disgust after his abdication as Edward VIII in 1936
Knowing my family from that era until my grandmother died in 1970 that is not very likely. Besides this picture was taken in the mid 20's over 10 years before the abdication, His death took place around 7 years before the abdication.

On Loch Tay, September 1927.

1712432951784.jpeg

Paddy....

1712432985194.jpeg

Look how the photographer has painter eyebrows on two of the children. You can't really detect it when you look at the CDV but zoom in!

1712433008728.jpeg

Back