Night out in Durham

I'm particularly liking the bridge photo's (y) some really nice angles and I'm loving the reflections that you've included :clap: :clap: you need to be careful you'll be getting as addicted to night photography as I and some of my contacts are :LOL:

The Abbey/Cathedral images are a little over exposed but this is something that you will pick up on and learn to deal with (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
I'm particularly liking the bridge photo's (y) some really nice angles and I'm loving the reflections that you've included :clap: :clap: you need to be careful you'll be getting as addicted to night photography as I and some of my contacts are :LOL:

The Abbey/Cathedral images are a little over exposed but this is something that you will pick up on and learn to deal with (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Found it a little difficult to get the right exposure with the Cathedral because of all the white light. I'll try -2 or something else next time.

Found it a little difficult to get the right exposure with the Cathedral because of all the white light. I'll try -2 or something else next time.

With the cathedral my suggestion looking at you exif would be to half the exposure :thumbs and maybe close the aperture up a little (y) Alternately wait till the lights are out and use a long exposure and ambient light (y) full moons are good for that (y) or light paint it :D

With the cathedral my suggestion looking at you exif would be to half the exposure :thumbs and maybe close the aperture up a little (y) Alternately wait till the lights are out and use a long exposure and ambient light (y) full moons are good for that (y) or light paint it :D

Setting me a challenge already and I've only been in for a few hours :LOL:

Would love to try light painting on something that big, but for now I'll just try and halve the exposure (y)

The 2 Cathedral shots were f/13 and f/8. Now looking back at it these are a little high...oh how we learn.

Last edited:
I like the last one and know the bridge well where you've taken it from, it's a light trail shot I keep meaning to get out and have a go at myself.

Heres a light trail I did in Durham a while back, must get out again and with the dark nights here now there is no excuse not to. Looking forward to Lumiere.

DSC042531.jpg

I like the last one and know the bridge well where you've taken it from, it's a light trail shot I keep meaning to get out and have a go at myself.

Heres a light trail I did in Durham a while back, must get out again and with the dark nights here now there is no excuse not to. Looking forward to Lumiere.

DSC042531.jpg

Like that one because it's not littered with amber street lighting, although there is some glare from the top right hand of the pic.

:clap::clap:
no 3 is the one for me...really good vantage points chosen and handling of the un natural lighting
cheers
Geof

Back