North York Moors - Joe Cornish/Guardian

Edit My Images
No
Haven't had chance to watch it yet, but I've just seen that the Guardian has a short video with Joe Cornish exploring the North York Moors.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/video/2012/may/01/north-york-moors-video

North York Moors: magical, whatever the weather – video
Alastair Sawday tours the North York Moors with landscape photographer Joe Cornish. Together they visit three distinctly different areas of the national park; on the edge of the Hole of Horcum; the fishing village of Staithes; and a viaduct near Thomason Foss Waterfall where they shelter from the rain.

Very interesting ... wet weather encouragement :D

I spent many a happy holiday in Staithes when i was younger. It's a facinating place to photograph.

I must admit to have been expecting extracts from his DVD that we've got but it turns out to be Joe taking photos in the rain. How many of us would not have ventured out? Thanks for posting.

The With Landscape In Mind dvd follows Joe Cornish from South Gare (Redcar) on the north east coast to Seascale on the west coast. It shows him out in all weathers, out early in the morning in the evening and even climbing wet rocks to get a better viewpoint. It has certainly inspired me to go out more even if the weather is not perfect. The dvd cost me less than £20 and is nearly an hour long but if it helps me produce better photographs it's money well spent.

Back