South-East England Poppy Fields

Thanks, will have a look if I can get there this weekend

Not sure what condition they will be in after the downpour we had yesterday.
Might take a trip out there myself tomorrow morning (with my camera this time)

Just spotted a big field of them on the A247 at West Clandon. Close to the bridge over the A3.

Not quite Hampshire, but very close

This is a rape seed field with poppies just popping over the top but still shows well or did before the rain, I will take a stroll later and see what the damage is, the farmer has moved people on as the crop is getting well trodden down.

Poppy after rain
by Martin Billard, on Flickr

I you are coming this way try the end of the field left of St Mary's Church at Sheepleas on the A24 East Horsley that looked quite good earlier in the week.

Nope, Hanging Langford...

Is the Bishopstone one easy to spot from the road? Might take a look on my way home tomorrow night...

There's also one in Winchester, near the Army Training barracks, theres a field set for development full of them

There's also one in Winchester, near the Army Training barracks, theres a field set for development full of them

Where about's is this field, that's only 20 mins or so from me? Is it visible from the Andover Road (B3420)?

Other's have been disappointing due to the weather/rain

Is the Bishopstone one easy to spot from the road? Might take a look on my way home tomorrow night...
Yes pretty easy to see them, they run all the way up the hill so they are elevated above the road.

Yes pretty easy to see them, they run all the way up the hill so they are elevated above the road.

Back