Show us your ICM shots

@cardiff_gareth - like shot 7 here - it's the most ICM like of the lot.

I think go back to the coast, when there is more colour in the sky and try and go for it. Pan, wiggle, shake, the camera and try go for 1/2 sec or more to really get it going.

Thanks

Bizarrely I thought that was the least ICM of them all!

To get the shutter speed down I was shooting with the lens stopped down, camera set to base ISO and using a 6 stop ND filter!

I included that image as its ICM but that was a wiggle image. The others are pans, obviously the opening images are faster pans and the others slower. I think I preset that slower pan style from 4 to 6.

One thing I noticed was I missed longer reach as there were some lovely wave formations that a tighter image would have been awesome with. I've put a post out for the differences between the 55-200 and 50-230mm lenses but for now as I have an adaptor and I'm not looking for sharpness I'll use my Pentax 75-150mm :D

PS, got lucky for a change as normally the water here is brown lol!

Thanks

Bizarrely I thought that was the least ICM of them all!

To get the shutter speed down I was shooting with the lens stopped down, camera set to base ISO and using a 6 stop ND filter!

I included that image as its ICM but that was a wiggle image. The others are pans, obviously the opening images are faster pans and the others slower. I think I preset that slower pan style from 4 to 6.

One thing I noticed was I missed longer reach as there were some lovely wave formations that a tighter image would have been awesome with. I've put a post out for the differences between the 55-200 and 50-230mm lenses but for now as I have an adaptor and I'm not looking for sharpness I'll use my Pentax 75-150mm :D

PS, got lucky for a change as normally the water here is brown lol!

That's the joy of ICM, sharpness etc doesn't matter and that critical corner sharpness stuff I obsess about at 100% - out the window.

It's a lot of fun, keep at it.

One from this morning, Southeast of France.DSC_1881.jpg

Think I’ll have to start playing with ICM again after seeing the great shots in this thread.
Here’s one of my efforts from a couple of years ago.......
7CEAB491-567B-4244-93F5-9B074656B433.jpeg

I had a play around after having taken some long exposures at the beach the other day.
I think the exposure could have been longer, although I was already at f32, ISO50 to get 1/10th, I should have put my ND filter back on.
That said, I quite like the way the first shot looks like some creature galloping towards the beach.
IMG_4270a.jpg

IMG_4251a.jpg

An unusual ICM shot taken using a Hi Res shooting mode on my Olympus while moving the camera to a new composition. The camera takes 4 shots and moves the sensor to take each one then combines them to make a bigger image. Zooming in during this is also interesting

Wasdale shiver by Alf Branch, on Flickr

I looked through this thread at the weekend so when I saw an interesting tree trunk ICM came to mind.
DSC_0894.jpg

When I had a play on the PC, I preferred it rotated 90 degrees!

Last edited:
I find I'm most drawn to waving the camera about intentionally after the sun has gone down but there's still enough light to get a decent exposure at low iso's. I prefer impressionist type images. Don't know why I never do ICM during the day with a big stopper or super stopper on

At the Dimming of the Day.jpg

Not sure if this is the right thing, but only ever made one attempt to change focal length while taking the shot.
A very poor effort taken at the Talk Photography Blackpool meetup 2007.

IMG_8589.JPG

Back