TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

I'm just holding steady, in the top 100-150k but can't get beyond that this year... Yet! As we approach doubles and blanks, opportunities arise with a bit of planning.

Yeah I'm an idiot and had tired work brain ... I for some reason thought the next round started tonight :ROFLMAO: :headbang:

Oh well, it's done now
At least you have a full week to reflect on your transfer instead of a few hours. :D

Amber Army(67) are still top of the league, and still 20 points ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom(65). Woodys Wonders(60) move up into 3rd, 38 points behind Klopp Klopp Boom, and now 7 points ahead of Medway United(50). New Oak Utd(62) are still in 5th, 9 points behind.

Top scorer of the week was leader Amber Army with 67 points.

Average point score for the week was 47.

There are no weekend premier league games because of the FA Cup games, and so the next gameweek starts on Tuesday for midweek games, and the deadline for making changes is Tue 30th Jan @18:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW21
1706036806996.jpeg

Leader of the Head2Head league, Klopp Klopp Boom, won their match up with Medway United 61-50. Woodys Wonders are still 2 points behind beating Hardly Athletic 60-51.

Amber Army are still 3rd, 2 points behind, Woodys Wonders, after coming out ahead of New Oak Utd in a close 63-62 H2H. Onana what's my name beat me 56-48. :( After that result I fall from 11th>13th. :rolleyes:

TP H2H Table GW21
1706038122725.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW21
1706038138604.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW22
1706038194572.jpeg

Last edited:
Haaland now up to 75% chance to play, with some sites suggesting he may well start Vs Burnley. Time to mess up your current teams guys'n'gals :D

Nope. I'm happy with my team at the moment. :)

I've squeezed him back in already, during my one week too early transfer brain fart :ROFLMAO:
Hope that he doesn't get injured before next Tuesday :p

This is one of those rare times I wish I could both laugh at your post but also tag the angry face on it! :mad::ROFLMAO:
Don't worry. It's only 10 days
10 long days
240 hours
14,400 minutes

It will soon pass. :D

If it is any consolation I'm still holding TAA& Salah :oops: :$

Don't worry. It's only 10 days
10 long days
240 hours
14,400 minutes

It will soon pass. :D

If it is any consolation I'm still holding TAA& Salah :oops: :$

I'm not too concerned tbh, I have him on field with Solanke as back up on bench ;)

I offed both of those too, Son too, I'll eventually bring them back - easy enough swap Van Dijk for Trent, Salah will be a little trickier, waiting to see how KDB goes from here.

I'm planning to start changes in around 4 or 5 gw's time. Luiz > Palmer, Saka > Gordon, Gabriel or Colwill > 4m DEF and bring in the Norwegian hulk for Solanke or Watkins. Not rushing into it until the absentees are back and playing.

KDB has gone up by .1m, as has Alex Moreno for Villa - doubt he was on anyone's radar but looking like Villa have some injury issue in defence.

Big ginger Kev was always going to be a money maker after rethrning. Moreno was tipped for big things at the start of the season but the manager used Matty Cash in the advanced role. Villa have some great fixtures coming up.

For anyone who decided not to bring Haaland back yet, he's just jumped back to £14m - KDB and Walker also just went up by £0.1m

For anyone who decided not to bring Haaland back yet, he's just jumped back to £14m ........

Bit pricy for a substitute ;)

Bit pricy for a substitute ;)

Ha, he's onfield for me but I have decent enough back up, Richarlison will pop in if Haaland doesn't - and well, we know Haaland only needs 20 odd minutes to out-class most fwds in the game *jinxy Mc jinxerson signing out*

I resisted changing Alvarez for Haaland, and thankfully, it worked out. :banana:I had Bernardo Silva as captain, and Saka as vice captain, so was glad to see that Silva didn't come on, so I'll get at least 20 rather than 10 points for Saka. :)

I think I'll win my H2H, unless Solanke goes on a goal rampage tomorrow. :oops: :$ :LOL: Been on a losing streak in the H2H's.

Ha, he's onfield for me but I have decent enough back up, Richarlison will pop in if Haaland doesn't - and well, we know Haaland only needs 20 odd minutes to out-class most fwds in the game *jinxy Mc jinxerson signing out*
Shame that he only got 17. Those extra 3 minutes might have made all the difference :D

Last edited:
Shame that he only got 17. Those extra 3 minutes might have made all the difference :D

Well I knew soon as I mentioned him he'd do bugger all :ROFLMAO: but at least he is back. More annoying for me was bringing in Darwin, making him captain, he goes and misses a penalty ... so even with an assist he gets a total of just 4pts : /

I started this round in deficit anyway, as I have no hope in the H2H I'm looking ahead, prob not worth to make 3 changes this week but I'm hoping I won't have to make any for next round - if I do it'll be the one free

I resisted changing Alvarez for Haaland, and thankfully, it worked out. :banana:I had Bernardo Silva as captain, and Saka as vice captain, so was glad to see that Silva didn't come on, so I'll get at least 20 rather than 10 points for Saka. :)

I think I'll win my H2H, unless Solanke goes on a goal rampage tomorrow. :oops: :$ :LOL: Been on a losing streak in the H2H's.
You will, I've had an absolute disaster week

Someone should maybe have a word with the FPL Live Blog team:

WHBournmouth.jpg

You will, I've had an absolute disaster week
Looks like it will end up closer than it looked like it was going to be yesterday after Solanke scoring, but thankfully it looks like I'll win. And even worse for you, the loss could knock you off top spot in the H2H league. :oops: :$ I have Solanke as well, but his 6 points on the bench did not do me any good. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I've made the decision to buy Haaland back in for Alvarez. As part of the two transfers I had, I have also changed Gabriel for Cash. Cash has gone right off the boil. I now have Gabriel and Saliba, but I am considering leaving them both on the bench, because Liverpool seem to score almost every week. That will jinx them of course. :oops: :$:):LOL: After all the changing after Haaland's injury, and Salah going to the AFCON with the last Wildcard, I don't think there is a cost effective way to get Salah back, :( though he may not be back playing for maybe up to two weeks to a month. :rolleyes: :(

Looks like it will end up closer than it looked like it was going to be yesterday after Solanke scoring, but thankfully it looks like I'll win. And even worse for you, the loss could knock you off top spot in the H2H league. :oops: :$ I have Solanke as well, but his 6 points on the bench did not do me any good. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I've made the decision to buy Haaland back in for Alvarez. As part of the two transfers I had, I have also changed Gabriel for Cash. Cash has gone right off the boil. I now have Gabriel and Saliba, but I am considering leaving them both on the bench, because Liverpool seem to score almost every week. That will jinx them of course. :oops: :$:):LOL: After all the changing after Haaland's injury, and Salah going to the AFCON with the last Wildcard, I don't think there is a cost effective way to get Salah back, :( though he may not be back playing for maybe up to two weeks to a month. :rolleyes: :(

Chris is the only opponent I could have beaten this week! :ROFLMAO: terrible round for me too but I did ship 8pts for transfer.

This round I'm only using the one freebie

Amber Army's(56) lead has extended to 37 points ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom(43). Woodys Wonders(61) are now 10 points behind Klopp Klopp Boom in 3rd. Medway United(53) are still 4th, and New Oak Utd(48) are still 5th.

Biggin Banger and WIRE TOWN are joint top scorers with 65 points.

The average point score for the week was 48 points.

The deadline for making changes is Sat 3rd Feb @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW22
1706898548359.jpeg

There has been a change at the top of the Head2Head lead, with Woodys Wonders moving into top spot, after beating Medway United 61-53. Klopp Klopp Boom are now 2nd, one point behind, after losing their match up with me, :) 64-39.

Amber Army are still 3rd, despite losing their H2H with WIRE TOWN 56-65, and are now four points behind Woodys Wonders. Onana what's my name are still one point behind in 4th, after losing their H2H with Hardly Athletic 48-50.

5th, 6th and 7th placed teams, Tarric's Tot's, Medway United and Penfold's Dangermice all lost their H2H's, but stay in the same positions.

TP H2H Table GW22
1706900838726.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW22
1706900855446.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW23
1706900869342.jpeg

No hat-trick, but can't complain as I only switched Richarlison in at last minute, had Gordon in that spot [who may still come in if Darwin doesn't play he is on a yellow icon]

I'm happy now that I made the 3 changes last round as 4 of my players have just gone up by £0.1m [Haaland, Gordon, Toney, Richarlison]

'Erling' Watkins - 2 assists and a goal in 20 minutes. Get in! :banana:

And another Assist :cool:

Shame they subbed Luiz at ht as I fancied him getting a penalty.

I feel like I'm the only one sold Watkins :ROFLMAO: But I couldn't get Haaland back without doing so, it'll work out in time ...I'm sure ... :rolleyes:

A couple of weeks ago the fpl pundits were blowing smoke by undermining Watkins and debating whether he was worth keeping of transferring for one of the suggestions offered. Funnily enough most of the pundits did keep him, but his ownership has dropped 200k. He has the form and fixtures to keep pace with Big Erl imo.

A couple of weeks ago the fpl pundits were blowing smoke by undermining Watkins and debating whether he was worth keeping of transferring for one of the suggestions offered. Funnily enough most of the pundits did keep him, but his ownership has dropped 200k. He has the form and fixtures to keep pace with Big Erl imo.

He had one goal from 7 games when I decided to dump him, I'm amazed people hung onto that tbh

It is the pundits blowing smoke in your eyes.

He was still in the top 3 for goal involvements, Villa are on the up and their fixtures are good.

Last edited:
It is the pundits blowing smoke in your eyes.

He was still in the top 3 for goal involvements, Villa are on the up and their fixtures are good.

Very possibly, I only really check the FPL site or what the few guys I know who are into footy tell me, I don't really follow the footy outside of that. Hopefully Toney can make up for him anyway, I'd say maybe Darwin too but he missed a penalty and picked up a foot injury first game I bring him in :headbang:

Aaaand Darwin just stole another 4pts from me! Comes on late and does bugger all bar get yellow carded - I'd have 4pts from Gordon otherwise.

Last edited:
Amber Army's(66) lead at the top has been reduced to 23 points ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom(80).

Highest scorer of the week, Medway United with 94 points, :clap: move up into 3rd place. Woodys Wonders(64) drop a position to 4th. New Oak Utd(49) stay in 5th, but are now just 1 point ahead of Onana what's my name(83).

The average score for the week was 57 points.

The deadline for making changes is Sat 10th Feb @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW23
1707245255235.jpeg

Back