The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I noticed a issue on my viltrox 16mm f1.8, when I set the aperture ring to f16 the camera is reading it as f18. I need to ever so slightly move off f16 to make it pick up f16 again.
Looks like the aperture ring is a little off for some reason. but the odd thing is its only off at this particular setting. It fine at all other aperture settings :thinking:

I didn't find this issue till yesterday since I almost never shoot past f11 otherwise would have sent it back.
Still under warranty with LCE.... I guess its worth giving them a shout.

Edit:
Tried it with clickless aperture, so it does hit f16 ever so slightly before the f16 marking and ever so slightly after f16 marking it moves very quickly to f18 (for other f-stop points you need to move the ring over half way between the two f-stop points before it pickup the next setting)
hmmm.... very odd that its like this only around f16

Last edited:
I noticed a issue on my viltrox 16mm f1.8, when I set the aperture ring to f16 the camera is reading it as f18. I need to ever so slightly move off f16 to make it pick up f16 again.
Looks like the aperture ring is a little off for some reason. but the odd thing is its only off at this particular setting. It fine at all other aperture settings :thinking:

I didn't find this issue till yesterday since I almost never shoot past f11 otherwise would have sent it back.
Still under warranty with LCE.... I guess its worth giving them a shout.

Edit:
Tried it with clickless aperture, so it does hit f16 ever so slightly before the f16 marking and ever so slightly after f16 marking it moves very quickly to f18 (for other f-stop points you need to move the ring over half way between the two f-stop points before it pickup the next setting)
hmmm.... very odd that its like this only around f16
That’s annoying :(

Back