The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Can anyone else see the face in Seans picture? Bottom edge, slightly left.
I can. Looks like it’s screaming :)

Not had much of a chance to get out yet (feels like I say this a lot), but I’m pretty pleased with the Viltrox 23mm F/1.4. Noticed a bit of fringing wide open, but it’s nice and sharp, and I like how it renders. Testing it in the garden:

DSCF9385.jpeg

DSCF9387.jpeg

DSCF9389.jpeg

And today, a rainy car picnic of sorts, by the seafront :D
DSCF9399.jpeg

Last edited:
What's the current score/lead time with a Vi please?

I was thinking of soon trading my X100f & Voigtlander 40/1.2 for a V at MPB or something but they have used Like New V's for £1540 & a new Vi is about £1600....?!?

I was thinking of soon trading my X100f & Voigtlander 40/1.2 for a V at MPB or something but they have used Like New V's for £1540 & a new Vi is about £1600....?!?
It’s a slippery slope, soon you will be divested of your Sony gear and be buying GFXs and Leicas :ROFLMAO:

Lead time seems to vary but several people have got them in a few weeks.

I pre-ordered with WEX on the launch day admittedly late in the day yet still February and i havent got one yet so don't waste your time with WEX, If the rumours of Panasonic announcing a fixed lens full frame happens this month i will just give up on my X100VI preorder :cautious:

I pre-ordered with WEX on the launch day admittedly late in the day yet still February and i havent got one yet so don't waste your time with WEX, If the rumours of Panasonic announcing a fixed lens full frame happens this month i will just give up on my X100VI preorder :cautious:

Yet, my silver VI was ordered on 20/03 and delivered on 05/04 by WEX (y)

Hi Lee
I joined the queue with Clifton Camera, as it was only £5 to join, in mid March. Still no sign of camera and the latest from Clifton is August!

I ended up getting one of eBay.

Jake

Hi Lee
I joined the queue with Clifton Camera, as it was only £5 to join, in mid March. Still no sign of camera and the latest from Clifton is August!

I ended up getting one of eBay.

Jake

(y) I'm not urgent for anything. I'm happy to wait a bit and keep getting used to the X100f. I just don't see the point in paying that much for a used V vs a new Vi.

Last edited:
It is hard to tell without being there, but they probably aren't as sharp as I would be happy with myself. Looking at the Benoit Coulange shot, he looks softer than the spectators, my initial thought was shutter speed too slow, but after checking the EXIF, I don't think that was it. You probably could have dropped to 1/1000th or even 1/500th and dropped the ISO accordingly/got more light on his face. But shooting fast moving riders, and those elite riders are super fast, in dark woods is always going to be a tough one for the autofocus, which is already not the best on the X-T20 (I have shot a lot of MTB on the X-T2). When you have riders coming towards you like that I find pre-focussing and shooting a burst as they come through and selecting the sharpest one to be more reliable than autofocus. But you did capture the peak action, with the rider positioned nicely in the frame. From an editing perspective, I probably would have made the background darker to draw your eyes to the rider more.

It is hard to tell without being there, but they probably aren't as sharp as I would be happy with myself. Looking at the Benoit Coulange shot, he looks softer than the spectators, my initial thought was shutter speed too slow, but after checking the EXIF, I don't think that was it. You probably could have dropped to 1/1000th or even 1/500th and dropped the ISO accordingly/got more light on his face. But shooting fast moving riders, and those elite riders are super fast, in dark woods is always going to be a tough one for the autofocus, which is already not the best on the X-T20 (I have shot a lot of MTB on the X-T2). When you have riders coming towards you like that I find pre-focussing and shooting a burst as they come through and selecting the sharpest one to be more reliable than autofocus. But you did capture the peak action, with the rider positioned nicely in the frame. From an editing perspective, I probably would have made the background darker to draw your eyes to the rider more.
Yeah, they're just not sharp enough for me either.

Most of these shots are all taken from bursts; there's two of Benoit I think there. I did minimal editing in Capture One before exporting; because I'd shot in Compressed RAW I had to start a C1 trial just to access the pictures; so it was all a bit more of a hassle than I'd like.

I'm not 100% sure how to select individual elements of photos in Capture One; but yes I think he's a bit dark in that pic too.

As for shutter speed - I see why the photographers are carrying around more than one camera; its not just for easy lens swapping! So I was chatting with a guy who shoots for Vital, and he gave me some tips on the actions shots with the blurred backgrounds; but I don't think I was remembering to change my settings back to higher shutter speeds for the head on shots. It's definitely not set-and-forget in such a dynamic environment!

Just another heads up for anyone looking for a dead cheap Macro lens, These were taken using the TTArtisan 40mm f2.8 & my Fuji X-t1. It’s really great to be using a totally manual lens again, I was very impressed with the optical quality for £119.00 All hand held @ f4 & it’s a great walk around lens
2024-Fradley Junction-028.jpg2024-Fradley Junction-022.jpg2024-Fradley Junction-014.jpg

Last edited:
I've been given a manual focus Samyang 12mm lens, but for the life of me, I can't remember what I have to set on my T3 or T5 bodies to enable me to use it, and get the focus screen to work. Any ideas....

I've been given a manual focus Samyang 12mm lens, but for the life of me, I can't remember what I have to set on my T3 or T5 bodies to enable me to use it, and get the focus screen to work. Any ideas....

"Shoot without lens" which is under the spanner menu>Button/dial settings. If you care about EXIF, you'll find an option under the "Camera" menu, called "Mount adapter setting", where you can specify the focal length it writes in the EXIF when you shoot "Without a lens".

As for the focus screen, I think by default you put it into manual focus, then press and hold the rear control wheel.

"Shoot without lens" which is under the spanner menu>Button/dial settings. If you care about EXIF, you'll find an option under the "Camera" menu, called "Mount adapter setting", where you can specify the focal length it writes in the EXIF when you shoot "Without a lens".

As for the focus screen, I think by default you put it into manual focus, then press and hold the rear control wheel.
I read somewhere that setting the focal length helps with the IBIS too, but I'm not sure if that's true or not; I can't imagine how that would work.

I read somewhere that setting the focal length helps with the IBIS too, but I'm not sure if that's true or not; I can't imagine how that would work.

Huh, that's a good point. I've never really thought about what IBIS does in that situation.

Back