weekly WyX's 2013 Photo52

Hi Wuyan,

I know what you mean about "arranging stuff". However, grat DoF with your chilli.

Ive just had a look through some of the other images and really like the "Beginning" shots. Good details and reflections on the Ford

Thanks, I personally actually liked the music player better, wasn't was going to shelf the car photo.

Hi Wuyan, is this catch up thing is becoming a bit of a habit? :D

Nice set of pics, you have some crackers on your flickr. You should have no trouble with "power"(y)

Thanks! Sorry with so many catch up, not this time :)

I prefer the simplicity of the power button.

The sweets is a good still life type photo with the sharp bits sharp and enough detail left in the bokeh (y)

Really like the power button, simple but effective. Sweet, great use of DoF and the colour tones In the table and background all work real well with the subject, it feels a tad wonky to me though, maybe needs a slight cw rotation?

Curve - Nicely composed shot that! I agree some nice blue sky would improve it - typical British weather eh! :p I know it's classed as cheating, but it's quite easy to 'shop a nice blue sky in, that shot is ideal! In fact, here's a tut if you fancy having a go!

Power - Definitely prefer the Power Button shot - nice dof, nice colour popping through and bang on theme!

Sweets - Again, nice dof and the 'sweet bowl' is nicely lit too! I like the contrast with the bowl in the BG too - perhaps a slightly less tight crop would work well too? Nice work! (y)

Wuyan

Beginning - both on them e - prefer the old music player but poss a bit tighter crop.

Steps - on theme but a bit grey

Still - lovely - good colour and detail. Nicely shot

Whimsical - spot on theme - cute and very amusing. like the colours

Curve - fits the theme but the grey sky has not helped at all.

power - prefer the button but it looks a bit skewed

Sweet - on theme. Good b/g but not sure that the bowl of apples adds to the shot and the dark triangle to bottom right distracts. Good idea but perhaps a little more simple in the treatment.

I prefer the simplicity of the power button.

The sweets is a good still life type photo with the sharp bits sharp and enough detail left in the bokeh (y)

Hi Wuyan,

As above, i prefer the simple "Power" button shot to the moon.

Sweet - Great image. Love the colours. (y)

Thanks for your comments, that was first time I've actually done a square photo.

Really like the power button, simple but effective. Sweet, great use of DoF and the colour tones In the table and background all work real well with the subject, it feels a tad wonky to me though, maybe needs a slight cw rotation?

Thanks, indeed it does seem slightly off!

Curve - Nicely composed shot that! I agree some nice blue sky would improve it - typical British weather eh! :p I know it's classed as cheating, but it's quite easy to 'shop a nice blue sky in, that shot is ideal! In fact, here's a tut if you fancy having a go!

Power - Definitely prefer the Power Button shot - nice dof, nice colour popping through and bang on theme!

Sweets - Again, nice dof and the 'sweet bowl' is nicely lit too! I like the contrast with the bowl in the BG too - perhaps a slightly less tight crop would work well too? Nice work! (y)

Haha, I would have a go if I've got photoshop..... will give it a try in GIMP, but that software is one of my sources of stress. :(

Wuyan

Beginning - both on them e - prefer the old music player but poss a bit tighter crop.

Steps - on theme but a bit grey

Still - lovely - good colour and detail. Nicely shot

Whimsical - spot on theme - cute and very amusing. like the colours

Curve - fits the theme but the grey sky has not helped at all.

power - prefer the button but it looks a bit skewed

Sweet - on theme. Good b/g but not sure that the bowl of apples adds to the shot and the dark triangle to bottom right distracts. Good idea but perhaps a little more simple in the treatment.

Thanks for going all the way back. Sounds like sky really is killing a lot of the photos :( Will have to move to places with better weather :D

Not sure on the others but your reflection is a corker.

Really clear focus in the puddle make this one.

Hi there

Reflection is a cracking shot...perfectly sharp with a lovely low POV :clap:

I like the colours with the rain on the glass. Good out of focus background too. I think it would look better if the bright light stripe on the RHS was cropped cout.

Thanks, indeed the strip on the right is distracting, I tried cropping it but the background seemed empty, wanted the shed to have have that deeper fence paint colour in the photo. Unfortunately I can't get away from it, it's the cloth hanging pole.

Reflection.

Good capture and a really interesting composition so close to the floor.

Not sure on the others but your reflection is a corker.

Really clear focus in the puddle make this one.

Hi there

Reflection is a cracking shot...perfectly sharp with a lovely low POV :clap:

Thanks all for your kind comments.

Week 45: Food

There's 2 I can't decide which one. First one is my setup shot of some ribs I did for this. Unfortunately it's also first time I focused this close with a 200mm, even at f11, not enough of it is in focus, I think.

52 - 45 - Food
by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Second one is my housemate's cooking, took it as he was getting some water. Really like the steam in this one.

52 - 45 - Food
by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Oh man. Those ribs look delicious.

In fact i think you have the focus plane absolutely spot on. Well done.

I like the steam in the second shot but wish you hadn't clipped the left hand side - or clipped it the same amount as the right hand side to balance the picture. Great effort though

Back