A few pictures from porthcawl today

Edit My Images
Yes
It was pretty crazy down there the waves were exploding against the pier. These are my first photo with my new lens, so any advice or critism is welcome, cheers Josh :):) will upload more once my flickr account decides to let me :):)

Last edited:
Oh wow, I'm glad you didn't get too close!

They're great captures, just a a bit dark. I've had a little play with your first one (hope you don't mind) and it's created a bit of color noise, but seeing as you can't exactly go back to recreate the image, you might want to have a bit of a play in PP yourself :)

BQv9wrW.jpg

took all you're advice, messed about with the one on photoshop and found the detail to be amazing :) is this any better?

Reactions: ST4
Great shots those.

Personally I think you could still brighten the last shot you posted a bit.

Would love to be down that way to see the rough seas!

Cheeers for the comments :):):) I had problems because the light kept altering vastly every few minutes, the stormy weather was abit of a nightmare. Dont like having the ISO cranked up so was changing shutter speed constantly to avoid high noise shots. only thing im not sure on it what type of metering to use in this type of situation? Is spot best? Cheers in advance

Awesome shots. So long as you wasn't in harms way. Would not have wanted to be near that lighthouse.

They are great images.

Why shoot in manual in these circumstance.

Why not trust the very sophisticated exposure metering in you camera. The matrix metering and either aperture priority to get the depth of field you want or shutter priority to maintain the shutter speed. There was little need to be using 1/5000th sec a 1/1000th would have been OK IMO.

Back