Air fryers , whats you opinion ?

I've had the a Philips AF forabout nine years now and it's been brilliant.

Best baked potato, 0 mins in microwave and 6 to 10 in the AF.
yeah they are the king of baked spuds , also veggie samosas

Did fried chicken in ours last night. Used chicken mini fillets and coated them in baking powder, garlic powder, paprika and salt . Much nicer than KFC and way cheaper.

ETA, I use the same process for chicken wings.

Last edited:
Did fried chicken in ours last night. Used chicken mini fillets and coated them in baking powder, garlic powder, paprika and salt . Much nicer than KFC and way cheaper.

ETA, I use the same process for chicken wings.

This is very much the kind of thing I'll throw on for myself in the evenings, love me some paprika and I think I use garlic powder in every other meal lol

I no longer have a main oven, do everything I need to in the air fryer. It's quick, uses less power and is easier to clean.
Me too. Main oven element (Belling) went on the bum and I could not source a new one. Got an air fryer ......... excellent ! Less power & quicker. Also I don't bother with "preheat" and "turn food" mallarkey (just adjust the cooking time). Get a wire rack that sits about 2 cm above the drawer floor and the food cooks evenly all round.
Smoked dry cured streaky bacon cooked to just crisp to die for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had the a Philips AF forabout nine years now and it's been brilliant.

Best baked potato, 0 mins in microwave and 6 to 10 in the AF.

I've been thinking about an air fryer for baked potatoes for quite some time now because the wife usually fires up the oven for over 40 mins, so 6-10 mins sounds heavenly. But I'm confused with your 0 mins in the microwave?

My opinion is they are just another type of cooker , Being re invented yet again.

I can't get a decent picture with mine, I don't think the AF is working properly! :D

I had a Cosori air fryer but dropped the basket and broke all the plastic so I bought a Tefal 10 in 1 much more versatile.

We (well the wife) has a Ninja, great thing, bakes cakes in it too, the timing match bit is great.

Back