'All Alone'

Edit My Images
Yes
All_alone.jpg

Man I need to get a shot like that. Love it a lot.

Man your avatar and name intrigues me!

G.

Absolutely awesome. His facial colours etc are beautiful. (y)

Last edited:
ok, looks a little dull on myscreen(only slightly), i also find the rocks in the bg distracting, a nice capture though

I like that a lot, the bird looks so sad....

Now that I like :clap: Just the right amount of space in front of him imo. He looks like he's deep in thought :) Cracking shot (y)

Composition and DOF are spot on, Rule of Thirds evidently in play, strong colours, good bokeh.

OK, technical crap out of the way - I like it - sort of thing I'd hang on my wall if I was a Puffin-Fancier, I think...

I like the puffin, good pose, well captured. Too much oof background to the right for my tastes though, I find it distracting.

Feel that poor chaps sorrow...

Great little image, love it. Might play with the saturation a little, but great as is.

They can look sad and lonely, can't they?

These are one of my favorite subjects, and you've captured this one well.
To me, the background is a little dull, and would benefit from a boost in the saturation.
I would also consider cropping the shot a tad, losing some of the man made stone pile,
this will add to the sense of isolation.

HTH (y)

Great shot...but it appears about 1/3 stop underexposed? A bit brighter and that puffin would pop!

Love the shot, compositionally I think it really works

However, I agree it looks a bit dull, did the LAB Colour boost on it (restricted to the foreground rocks and the puffin) and some simple levels adjustment (to the whole image) to produce

Updated
All_alone.jpg

Original
All_alone.jpg

Last edited:
I think i prefer the original,. seems to have more detail on his feathers on his back and his beak doesnt look quite right for me. I do like the colouring on the rocks though.

I think its a lovely photo but the BG is a little distracting, I can't help but think replacing it with an equally out of focus sea-scape or coast line would add some real drama and emotion to the scene, turning this great photo into a fantastic one...

A cracking shot well done (y)

Nice shot, I selectively increased the contrast on the puffin and rocks, plus increased black a tiny bit. Then I used the dodge tool subtley on the rocks and puffin too. Not too much difference.
My version
All_alone.jpg

Original below
All_alone.jpg

Last edited:
Great shot, however...

I feel it would benefit from a better OOF background.

Great shot and I like what zarozinia has done with it.

must agree with everyone else great shot(y)

Back