Alsjazzeras 2016 TP 52 WEEK 52 CELEBRATE/CELEBRATION ADDED

Allan, this really is a brilliant photograph, perfect for the theme, no more words needed.

Hi Allen.

Very Very cool photos/ideas love them all and could not crit them. I need to keep watchng your thread and learn your fab lighting skills.

Gaz

Love it! That's all.

When the theme is done I'd like to know how ya did it :thjumbs: Composite....or not :)

Cheers.

It's a composite image 2 pictures one of the trunk and one of Janes hand holding on to a breadboard, the trunk is in a confined space white wall to the left and bed to the right, took out the white wall, the bit of bed you would have seen and a metal object I used to prop the trunk open with.
Combined the picture of the hand scaled it moved it into place and used a layer mask and then forgot to take the highlights off her nails as you do

Allan, this really is a brilliant photograph, perfect for the theme, no more words needed.

Thank you

Hi Allen.

Very Very cool photos/ideas love them all and could not crit them. I need to keep watchng your thread and learn your fab lighting skills.

Gaz

I don't think you will benefit much from my lighting skills as I have just remembered some portraits of dogs you posted which were exceptional, that was you wasn't it

Fantastic lighting again and a very unsettling mood to this. I think I'd prefer a less central composition as well, though.

I think I made the point earlier that I was including all the trunk In the pic, I don't know what you mean by less central

Love it! That's all.

Thanks Elaine

Old - a cracking Image for the theme and a great way to kick the challenge off, so zero crit from me.

Metal - fits the theme, I think the crop is a bit to tight for my tastes. however I find the composition works very well.

Captive - bang on the theme nicely taken, well done :)

Last edited:
Sorry Allan - I hadn't seen your comment earlier in your thread - I don't always have time to read down everyone's whole thread before commenting. I was talking about the central positioning of the band, but I can see you had your reasons. It's all subjective - as I said I think it's a very powerful shot.

Old - a cracking Image for the theme and a great way to kick the challenge off, so zero crit from me.

Metal - fits the theme, I think the crop is a bit to tight for my tastes. however I find the composition works very well.

Captive - bang on the theme nicely taken, well done :)

Thanks Mandy

Sorry Allan - I hadn't seen your comment earlier in your thread - I don't always have time to read down everyone's whole thread before commenting. I was talking about the central positioning of the band, but I can see you had your reasons. It's all subjective - as I said I think it's a very powerful shot.

No need to apologize, we all have different views and all are valid

Liking the captive shot - good use of negative space to emphasise the hand and the lock - suitably creepy and a fab interpretation of the theme.

Really liked your metal shot too - really graphic in shape and composition which suits the subject matter perfectly.

Cheers

Spooks

Hi Allan .....I loved this as soon as I saw it, super shot....not sure about removing those highlights I think it would maybe make it look a bit flat o_O

Thanks Susie interesting view of the highlights

Hey Allan :)

I'm really liking your Captive, a very creepy idea to which the complete dark nature of the image works very well, just enough light to see the outline of the trunk, well executed mate (y)

Thanks DK

Liking the captive shot - good use of negative space to emphasise the hand and the lock - suitably creepy and a fab interpretation of the theme.

Really liked your metal shot too - really graphic in shape and composition which suits the subject matter perfectly.

Cheers

Spooks

Thanks for looking in

Brilliant Allan. Simple, effective, dramatic - what else is there to say. Maybe Bravo.

I agree with the comments above - excellent shot. Love it's simplicity - tells many spooky stories

Hi Allan, I don't think I'd take out the highlights on the nails completely as they are a great focal point as they drag the eyes straight to it, just soften them a little maybe? Great idea for Captive though, tells a great nmber of stories :clap::clap::clap:

Hi Allan, I don't think I'd take out the highlights on the nails completely as they are a great focal point as they drag the eyes straight to it, just soften them a little maybe? Great idea for Captive though, tells a great nmber of stories :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks

You're a sick puppy Allan ;)
Love it... That must have taken a fair bit of work in PP.

I have been called worse o_O
not to hard took about 10 minutes once I understood what I was doing it was the research that took about 4 hours

Some fascinating shots coming on here this week ...nicely done Photoshopping Allan and I really like the processing.

Fascinating....thats one way of describing it :ROFLMAO:

I'll try that again and post in the right place this time :D

Thats Kinda weird Al, but a clever concept nicely taken and thought out (y)

Oh yeah, that's nice Allan. Particularly like the cracked paint-like texture which gives it an aged parchment look. :clap:

Cracking! glorious colour too.

The babies are ... erm ... funny. :D

And I find the the whole thing inspiring.

Captive - Great Picture bang on theme.
Miniature - So wrong. clever but very very wrong

Oh wow...bizarre, dark and quite brilliant! I think the processing works very well indeed to add to the surreal nature of it.

thanks

I'll try that again and post in the right place this time :D

Thats Kinda weird Al, but a clever concept nicely taken and thought out (y)

Glad to see you are finally getting familiar with the rules :p It is kind of weird :oops: :$

Oh yeah, that's nice Allan. Particularly like the cracked paint-like texture which gives it an aged parchment look. :clap:

Thanks Carl

Very clever, love the colours and aged effect.

Thank you

Cracking! glorious colour too.

The babies are ... erm ... funny. :D

And I find the the whole thing inspiring.

The Babies are indeed funny, please don't be inspired to put babies in soup :cautious:

Nicely done Allan. Great idea. I'd maybe minimise or loose the texture on the soup, but that's only a minor crit from me

I do know what you mean, the reason the whole thing got this dirty looking was to hide the placing of the babies which for me wasn't working

Excellent work Allan, great stuff.

Phil

Thanks

Are they souped up jelly babies:D,
some nice pp going on here, really nice and effective, only minor detail is the loss of shadow on bottom, other than that the BIZ:)

Thanks

Horrid but good!! :)

glad you liked it

Captive - Great Picture bang on theme.
Miniature - So wrong. clever but very very wrong

I can only apologise :sorry:

This is at once compelling and disturbing and I very much wish I could stop going back to look at it.

Erm... creepy! Looks like a really good poster for a horror movie or book. I would pick it up! lol.

Back