Always wanted to do this.

Edit My Images
Yes
I have always wanted to do this. A while ago I decided to

548242_ceopsvwz59_m.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Back to the Future, or what :D!?

Sorry, that's the extent of my c&c :shrug:.

How did you do that if you don't mind me asking?

Nice car too :p Although i'll admit to being biased!

How did you do that if you don't mind me asking?

Nice car too :p Although i'll admit to being biased!

Manfrotto between the passenger seat and the back seat with a sigma 10-20mm at 10mm I think and then set to shutter 30secs and remote control. Found that it works with flowing lights otherwise if you stop at traffic lights you get this

546080_imopqrs037_m.jpg

I like because they are mysterious, but how did you get the different coloured lights like blue and green? where are they coming from?

The little device you have on the dash is quite distracting on the first image! good work though

i'm guessing the lights have turned green because of the tint of the windscreen?? is that right?? Quality pic tho! ive wanted to do something similar for a while too... maybe now i will, Cheers for the inspiraton (y)

i like the angle its shot at, as it shows the darkness of the interior against the bright light trails. very cool. (y)

Really like the image, a different slant on an action photo. I guess the lights are the colour they are becasue they are actually that colour in the tunnel ? The little white light thats distracting in #1 is the LCD display for a Parrot hands free kit, and the dash lights on the BMW's are quite a bright red, I like the contrast to be honest.

Decent first effort there. You're right about continuous lights and keeping moving fairly straight - however much you think a cornering shot will work in practice there are few occasions when this proves correct.

Couple of points, intended constructively: try to include your vanishing point within your composition to complete the story of where the car's travelling. Also, if you have a speedlight, try a pop of flash in the exposure to pick yourself out rather than the dark silhouette that's there - we all know there's a driver in the car but some details would be nice. Bonus points for adjusting the mirror beforehand so your face appears reflected ;)

Back