Another from the Barrier

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Gave this one a more aged feel.

CNV00002-Edit-2.jpg

Good photo. I definitely prefer the PP on this as opposed to the more metallic feel of t'other.

I really like this one, fascinating industrial/architectural subject, well composed and shot. I also really like the toning job - it reminds me of plates from a old book I have, full of architectural shots taken in the 20's and early 30's - it just seems to have a timeless feel - although the subject matter is far more modern.

Ta chaps.

TBY, that's exactly the effect I was looking for so I'm quite chuffed although I wasn't sure if I'd over done it (at one point, it looked like I had shifted the Thames Barrier to Mars!!)

Nope, I really like it.

It'd be interesting to see the ageing pushed further with some added noise and print defects tbh, and possibly a bleach vignette.

Nope, I really like it.

It'd be interesting to see the ageing pushed further with some added noise and print defects tbh, and possibly a bleach vignette.

No no no no no!! I've manage to wean myself of the sliders. Do not tempt me back to the old ways! :LOL:

Seriouslythough, I'll have a little play and see what I come up with. ;)

Hee hee hee - you know that it makes sense, if only for fun.

Besides which, it's almost Christmas and time to embrace all things Victorian!

I really like this one, fascinating industrial/architectural subject, well composed and shot. I also really like the toning job - it reminds me of plates from a old book I have, full of architectural shots taken in the 20's and early 30's - it just seems to have a timeless feel - although the subject matter is far more modern.

I've some engineering manuals from the 1890-1910 period and this is almost exactly the way some of their prints look. If you wanted a older period feel I'd suggest blowing out the sky and adding a little more edge definition. But not grain. Grain is more apperant in later periods.. the texture of really old shots is softer than grain.

True. Maybe I should change the metal to wood with one of those black iron chimneys coming from the top. :naughty:

:LOL: now I'd LOVE to see that - a Steampunk version of the Thames Barrier :clap:

That I would like to see.. :D

Actually, I'm amazed noone has done that. A quick Google turns up nothing more promising than this thread.

Marc... are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?

I like the 'aged feel' on this, but I feel that it's wasted on a modern structure.
IMHO, I think the time and effort would be better on an image of a building from that time.

Nice shot though -

I'm having a little tour around London in the New Year myself, although the biscuit crunchers will be with me so I'm not sure how many pics will be taken of the Architecture!

I like the 'aged feel' on this, but I feel that it's wasted on a modern structure.
IMHO, I think the time and effort would be better on an image of a building from that time.

Nice shot though -

I'm having a little tour around London in the New Year myself, although the biscuit crunchers will be with me so I'm not sure how many pics will be taken of the Architecture!

TBH, that was the idea of the processing. If I was to do it on a image of a building from that time then I would just be trying to recreate a photo from that era. The idea here was to purposely create an aged photo of a modern structure.

Back