Bristol - Avon Gorge

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
007_7a.jpg

Personally, I'd crop the sky down to make it 1/3 of the height of the shot - it's blown out in this scan anyway, so there's nothing much to be lost. Also, the bank at the bottom left hand side is a little dark and takes your eye away from the rest of the shot. I'd give that a dose of the dodge tool and lighten it up a little. While we're on dodge and burn, maybe you could give it a little more definition to the water and banks.

I've had a quick look in CS5, but with the limitations of a low res. file it's not really a proper version - more of an idea of what could be done...

007_7a_cropped.jpg

Edit: Ive just had a quick look at the EXIF data - hadn't realised you'd had them scanned to cd by the lab rather than your own scans. In which case, my critique may have been a little harsh, both here and on your other thread. Some labs don't seem to be too good with ilford XP2 - which is most likely the cause of the blown skies in these scans :shrug: It might be worth looking at the neg's - just to see if there is any detail in them that the automated machine scan didn't bring out!

Last edited:
I did get a negative scanner for xmas, haven't had a chance to set it up yet though. But I'll rescan the negatives myself over the coming week and see what I can do to improve them).

Went for the CD this last time just for convenience of wanting to be able to share xmas photos asap without worrying about tweaking the scanner settings first.

Back