Calling all Sony Alpha users! (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you need an adapter to use it with Sony and isn't it manual focus only?

Not sure about the adapter its Minolta lens and its manual focus but for £30 should I snap it up?

Its in the window of a near by camera shop.

Not sure about the adapter its Minolta lens and its manual focus but for £30 should I snap it up?

Its in the window of a near by camera shop.

Yeah it's Minolta, but MD was the mount before the A fit so you would need an adapter to be able to fit it to a Sony camera. Not sure how available the adapters are and how much they are so couldn't really tell you whether to go for it or not.

Yeah it's Minolta, but MD was the mount before the A fit so you would need an adapter to be able to fit it to a Sony camera. Not sure how available the adapters are and how much they are so couldn't really tell you whether to go for it or not.

Ah I see thanks anyway Marc will give it a miss.

Ouch, didn't see the postage cost. You're then talking £50 for a manual focus lens and I don't know how the quality compares to the AF version. Might be worth holding out for the AF.

Yeah think your right.

Will start saving for the Tamron 17-70 2.8 :D

Just picked up an AF f1.7 50mm Minolta in really excellent condition from my local LCE for £49. I'm really happy with it and now need to start using it :)

£49 is a good price indeed, is it in decent nick?
It is a little cracker!!! My skill level is minimal but this little lens is so sharp and forgiving in low light, its great. I really like it a lot.:clap:

Anyone used the new Tamron SP AF10-24mm F3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) lens on a Sony? I've seen a review in the latest DSLR User Magazine and they seem to rate it quite high.

I'm after a new wide angle lens for landscapes and may sell my 16-80 ZA and look at getting the Tamron.

there is a rumour that there is to be a Sony badged variant of it to be announced shortly, possibly PMA?

I'm not sure that the Tamron is even available in MAF mount atm in the UK.

I finally got to use my lenses over the weekend in the lakes and am pretty impressed. I got a load of pics whilst i was on a boat cruise on windermere and i`ll try and get some up later. Was using the Tamron 55-200 lens for them and the quality was impressive.

The 50mm 1.7 minolta lens was brilliant :D Feels like a really solid bit of kit and the focus action is spot on. Loved the shallow DOF on it as well :d

I`ll try and get some pics up when i get home tonight.

Bit of a long shot, but anyone know of a one for sale?

Minolta AF 300mm f/2.8 Apo G (D) SSM

...failing that, anything longer, f4.

Details via P.M please.

Well, finally managed to get out with camera (in the snow) and try some pics.

Uploaded a few into an album...I think :LOL:

Would really appreciate some feedback on them - what's right/wrong, how you would have improved them etc.
New to this DSLR stuff, so was just twiddling dials, pressing buttons to see what the differnce was between pics...couldn't really see anything obvious.

Think I've picked some of the better ones, but you guys may have picked something different :thinking:

Thanks in advance.

358.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back