Canon 500mm lens case - Keys

Name
Dougie
Edit My Images
Yes
I have the Canon 500mm lens hard carrying case. Unfortunately I do not have the keys for the locks. I see there are numbers on the locks which might correspond with the key number.

Have anyone ever acquired keys for this case before?

Thanks

No, but I have lots of Canon lens cases and lots of keys. Let me know the numbers and I'll see if I have any that match.

Are they not all 840, I lost my 200L keys :( searched and searched for a spare, came up with a Harley HD1 blank is the same iirc and thought I'd get one cut, never did sort another as local key cutter failed to get the blanks, I have other case keys but OCD makes me want another haha..

Added an image for you.

Attachments

• Canon 840 keys as.jpg
    Canon 840 keys as.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I have same with my 600mm and my key was supposed to be 840. Almost all of them are 840 - one and the same. They are so insecure you may as well not bother, or ask locksmith to install a custom lock - far better choice.

Reactions: zx9
Thanks for the info guys!

I have a case I want to sell and thought if I could get a key it would be easier to sell.

Any idea on a ball park figure on what I could expect to sell it for?

Thanks for the info guys!

I have a case I want to sell and thought if I could get a key it would be easier to sell.

Canon quote a part number for the key

CY4-0230-000

No idea where you'd order it from though.

Thanks for the info! Still not been able to track one down.

Would anyone be kind enough to post me a 840 key? Which I could then take to a key cutters and then post the key back to you.
I of course would cover the postage.

Thanks

I've got lots of 840 keys, and I'm sure I don't really need all of them. PM me your address and I'll post one to you.

If you like, work out what you would have spent on getting it copied and posting it back to me, and donate it to a charity of your choice.

OK, I dug out a couple of 840 keys, and they're in the post. Should be delivered tomorrow.

Hi.

im looking for an 840 key for the 300 2.8 case. Has anyone managed to have one cut yet? willing to cover costs and postage if you can?
[sorted now, thanks]

Dave

Last edited:
No, but I have lots of Canon lens cases and lots of keys. Let me know the numbers and I'll see if I have any that match.
Hello Stewart.. just come across your messages helping someone with a key for their case. I now have the canon case 500b and on the lock it is 840 also. Is that the number for a code for the keys or the lock number.. I could do with either a replacement key or locks. Just wondering if you could me also please. my email mis bobhowell01@gmail.com if easier. Thank you

Hello Stewart.. just come across your messages helping someone with a key for their case. I now have the canon case 500b and on the lock it is 840 also. Is that the number for a code for the keys or the lock number.. I could do with either a replacement key or locks. Just wondering if you could me also please. my email mis bobhowell01@gmail.com if easier. Thank you
Last seen Dec 16, 2022. :(

Hi and welcome to TP

Stewart has not been here since December 2022 so very unlikely that he will respond.

I know not about that particular key but if as reported it is a common 'luggage key' you could potentially find a source in luggage supply outlets who might sell spare keys?

All the keys I have ever had for Canon lens cases have been the same.

Back