Celeb Snapping

Young Tony...

IMG_6416137.jpg

IMG_6655369.jpg

I had the opportunity to get some of Louis Oosthuizen, had camera in my hand, but as he was with wife and baby, didn't feel the need. Nice guy.

Barack Obama; Joe Biden; Tony Blair; Gordon Brown; Princess Anne; Prince Andrew; assorted 'other' politicians; assorted minor Royals...

All for work, so it doesn't really count I guess...

This is the one I'm most proud of, even though it looks nothing special, it was the only decent shot of him inside the polling station.
Appeared in the New York Times and Washington Post on the same day.
Though I only have this small lo-res version of it now since a hard drive failure two years ago and a load of DVD back-ups being corrupted.
Took a lot of planning and 'sneakery' to get this shot and I was busted by the Secret Service guys after I got it (no military were supposed to be around, so we dressed in civvies and snuck past the guards)...

4069637431_ac6f21ca23_o.jpg

I guess not so famous in the UK, but bumping into Jay Leno after a long weekend at the Festival of Speed last year was pretty cool.

Img_1200.jpg

David Cameron, Jenson Button, Alex Salmond, Emmerdale cast, Ben Fogle, Gavin Hastings, Mikey off Big Brother a few years ago, other Scottish politicians.

Who is the most famous person you have managed to get a shot of that was not set up? i.e walking down the road etc.

David Cameron, Jenson Button, Alex Salmond, Emmerdale cast, Ben Fogle, Gavin Hastings, Mikey off Big Brother a few years ago, other Scottish politicians.

All those not for work?

Myself, probably Selena Gomez, Katie Cassidy, and Leighton Meester. Not exactly superstars. They were in Paris last month filming for Monte Carlo, an American film that's due out next year. I didn't get any good shots though, largely due to not having a clue who they were. Judging by the gossip websites, the two paps that were there didn't get any good shots either. Not sure what their excuse was though. :cool:

All those not for work?

Myself, probably Selena Gomez, Katie Cassidy, and Leighton Meester. Not exactly superstars. They were in Paris last month filming for Monte Carlo, an American film that's due out next year. I didn't get any good shots though, largely due to not having a clue who they were. Judging by the gossip websites, the two paps that were there didn't get any good shots either. Not sure what their excuse was though. :cool:

Only non-setup was Jenson Button. In an airport in London, eating fish.

Most of the rest were not directly "set-ups", but were taken at conferences/photocalls etc.

I did 3 Loooong nights doing pap work when I first started photography. Got a photo of Justin Timberlake Printed in the Evening Standard as he was arriving at a brits after party. Also ended up bumping into the cheeky girls that night as well!

I quit that while i was ahead, mad mad world them people live in!

The only person I have got was Lewis at Farnborough in 2008 after his win at silverstone(y)

LH4.jpg

Eddie Jordan, just after that F1 racing thing down Regent Street some years back. I had been gutted as I couldn't get anywhere near the road to take photos of the cars, and I was just wandering along some side roads on my way home and practically bumped into him!

Another

A Bond girl when we were at school together.

Several F1 types at a practice session at Silverstone back when testing was allowed.

Not really the type to shove a camera into peoples faces just because I've seen them on telly or films.

I'm another old fart to whom several of the names mentioned so far mean nothing and who doesn't recognise plenty of those in the photos either!

As you can see I was snapping the girl in the wheelchair Kirsty something or other who does loads of work for charity. The guy on the far right is Richard Fleeshman who was in Coronation street.
32473_393004923386_673418386_4175573_844780_n.jpg

Iwan Thomas at the Manchester 10K
32473_393005153386_673418386_4175600_651460_n.jpg

Chris Moyles at the phoenix club when radio 1 came round
7617_151874838386_673418386_2761568_1403128_n.jpg

Builder and fit bird from Coronation street ohh yeah the butcher is behind them
7617_151877403386_673418386_2761594_3527110_n.jpg

Ronn Lucas and Scorch
n673418386_219139_7748.jpg

Max and Paddy
n673418386_218162_6225.jpg

If I remember rightly that young Kirsty passed away either last year or earlier this year.

When I got the bang on the head whilst doing the studio conversion and was put on the silly strong pain killers I went to Asda and there was Anna Kournikova and John Lennon in the queue in front of me. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me.

Mine is now Andy Burnham MP on the right (3rd in race for Labour Party Leader) Taken yesterday at a 10k Charity Race, along with Mike Aspinall Chairman of our stroke group left, and Leigh's Mayor.

DSC_4494.jpg

Last edited:
my two daughters with rebecca adlington, her sister was my girls trainer for a while...

DSC00088.jpg

Met Samuel at at the Dunhill Links a few years ago, moody git!!

Crap pic from a point & shoot, flash failed :thumbsdown:

Sammy-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Mick

What's the mask for, did you have a gun in his back

I don't think she has, the shot was from the Great Manchester run 16th May 2010 acording to the exif info.

I honestly thought she had passed away, she went out with David Beckham to open the commonwealth games, I stand corrected I apologise and pleased I am wrong on that 1.

brian may whilst at party in the park a good 6 years ago, he came and sat in the public stands right next to us, top guy aswell.

I'll need to look mine out. Probvably the Big Yin - Billy Connelly - I see an older one of him earlier) :)

Mine is a bit more recent - after a Celtic v Dunfermline cup final a few years ago. He was outside Hampden getting snapped with a few of the celtic fans - after shooting a couple my mate took this of me with the big man. :)

IMG_4187s.jpg

Last edited:
I know I was working at photography at the time, but it was still an opportunity shot.

I accidentally ran the wrong way, when the press pack moved and ended up on the wrong side of a marquee - BUT as luck would have it, good old Queen mum did her usual and walked to meet the crowd, instead of walking down the carpet as she was supposed to. I was of course not with the press pack, but in amongst the regular civies. Got the front page! :)

Queenmum.jpg

Uh, well I work at legoland, and the ride takes photographs of celebs.

So far I've sold pictures to Rio Ferdinand, Justin Lee Collins and Gwyneth Paltrow. The former? Totally miserable git (was just before the world cup tbf). Latter 2? Really really pleasant, friendly people. And to be honest, why shouldn't they be.

I was there that day! Stupid iPhone camera...:thumbsdown:

4661402312_a436d67659_m.jpg

Stephen King in Maine, he was shopping, I snapped him in the street, did'nt take any more as we were really not sure it was him. It was.
Slide is in the loft with many thousands of others.

Me and Mr McCoist - bumped into outside Ibrox in 1987!
AllyMcCoistMe1987.jpg

Jim Bowen, who we bumped into in Blackpool '88 in a social club. I think he was performing there later on that night.
JimBowenBlackpool1988.jpg

Another Football link. Jim Leishman and Stuart Rafferty who I met at the local community centre in 1989. I think he was doing a thing to encourage young footballers. I've met Jim many times, tbh, he is a bit of a local hero here and is involved in many local initiatives and charities.
JimLeishmanStuartRaffertyDAFC06-89.jpg

The cast of Red Dwarf, who I met at Shepperton Studios in 1993 when they were recording the series. Missed Kryten/Robert Llewellen as he took so long in make up to have his costume removed!
ChrisBarrie20-03-93.jpg
CraigCharles20-03-93.jpg
DannyJohnJules20-03-93.jpg

2005, I met Princess Anne at a Medal Parade shortly before she was whisked away to see the Scotland Rugby game at Murrayfield.
MedalParade6_11Feb05.jpg

And my personal favorite - in 2003 - I met Hugh Grant at the Dunhill. He is an absolute gentleman and of all the 'celebs' he spent the most time with the fans signing autographs and posing for pictures. So much so that his playing partner for the day, Colin Montgomerie, threw a strop as they were supposed to be on the same bus. Hugh just waved the bus off and said 'I'll get another one or walk' He wouldn't leave until everyone who wanted to see him had spent time with him.
(y)
Dunhill-HughGrantMe09-03.jpg

I was at the festival of speed last year and was wondering along mucking around with camera settings etc when Mark Webber turned up directly in front of me being mobbed by fans. I managed to snap off a quick shot but it was naff...... The one time I wish I'd left my camera in auto lol..... As it was set up for shooting motor sport! Moment missed

here he is again... this time at my mate's son's christening. my mate is on the right, but that's not his son... that's my son... oh lordy, this is confusing... anyway... you know who the guy on the left is....

IMG_2826_edited-1.jpg

Its been a busy few months for me
Last week at Nat Lofthouse's funeral, I won't bother with the Bolton players.
Frank Worthington
164091_494752958386_673418386_6187812_4564749_n.jpg

Amir Khan
179359_494753578386_673418386_6187835_657517_n.jpg

Kevin Davies and Nat Lofthouse
164855_494755258386_673418386_6187889_7372346_n.jpg

Mark Hughes grey hair up front and some other bloke with a red nose
180559_494755678386_673418386_6187901_5138236_n.jpg

I did get Bobby Charlton but its not that good as he was running almost out of the place.

Lofty the Lion, Tony Kelly (former BWFC player) Jussi Jaaskelainen and Owen Coyle
169055_491409168386_673418386_6141283_4229031_n.jpg

Same location a week later.
Kevin Davies, Owen Coyle, Mark Davies, Tony Kelly, Stuart Holden and Lofty the Lion
164808_493313233386_673418386_6167279_4243635_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back