Couple of question on 7D

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Does the 40D battery fit the 7D by any chance?

Just double checking it takes CF cards. Is that correct?

Is the focussing superior to the 40D?

That's 3 questions. :)

Thanks.

Hi

Does the 40D battery fit the 7D by any chance?

Just double checking it takes CF cards. Is that correct?

Is the focussing superior to the 40D?

That's 3 questions. :)

Thanks.

Indeed it is :)

Nope, the 7D battery is a LP-E6, same as the 5dMk2.

Yep, it takes CF cards.

Er, better, umm. Could be a discussion point ref the size of the AF sensors in the viewfinder but it's 19 Af points a opposed to 9 on your 40D.

Cheers
Mike

I got a spare battery from 7dayshop for my 7D, cost £9.99 and it seems just as good as the Canon one. On camera battery level and shots per battery works fine :)

Thanks for the replies. Greatly appreciated. :) I'm still toying with buying one. My particular area is horses and dogs. (Horses at speed/ xc etc).

I have to sell my other two cameras first plus one of my lenses and make the extra up.

Is it a big step up from the 40D? It would mainly be used with my 70-200 L and sometimes with the teleconverter (Canon) on.

Lisa:)

I got a spare battery from 7dayshop for my 7D, cost £9.99 and it seems just as good as the Canon one. On camera battery level and shots per battery works fine :)

Thanks.

Lisa

An excellent answer to a question that was never asked! :shrug:

Useful info though if he had spares for his 40D and wanted to know if they would be of use post-upgrade? I'm not sure what it is about some photography forums that brings out the worst in people. He was only trying to be helpful. :shrug:

Simes123 said:
Useful info though if he had spares for his 40D and wanted to know if they would be of use post-upgrade? I'm not sure what it is about some photography forums that brings out the worst in people. He was only trying to be helpful. :shrug:

Seemed like a useful response to me... I've got at least 4 batteries for my 40D and replacing them would be part of any consideration of upgrading.
On a similar note I'd be put off buying a new body if it didn't take CF cards.

T
Is it a big step up from the 40D? It would mainly be used with my 70-200 L and sometimes with the teleconverter (Canon) on.

Lisa:)

I'm sure you'd be fine.

I came from a Panasonic bridge camera to the 7D, so I'm sure going from a 40D to 7D won't be too much trouble :)

Take you you had nothing better to do at the time :muted:

As others had said, I made the assumption that the OP was looking to upgrade from a 40D to a 7D and wondered what accessories were transferable as I went through the same process when considering an upgrade from my 400D to a 7D

Seeing as someone else had also provided the info that the batteries were different and that there's usually a little confusion over non-canon batteries functioning correctly IMO the comment was relevant and as it turns out was in fact useful to the OP and perhaps to anyone else who searches for information on batteries for the 7D.

Maybe that's just how my brain works and others are a little less fortunate and blinkered in their responses? :shrug:

As a fellow 7D owner I'm overwhelmed by your input and insight on this thread too........

Last edited:
Back on topic......

Lisa, the 7D IMO is a fantactic piece of kit. I've had mine for about 3 months now and even though I'm still getting used to it I'm really happy with the results I'm getting and although I've never photographed moving horses or dogs but it does a very good job of keeping up with Rugby players.

The AF point(s) can be changed dynamically while composing a shot and the ability to change the way the AF tracks subjects is invaluable.

I really can't praise it high enough :)

Hi

Thanks for all the replies, particularly about the spare battery and where one can be obtained from. Very useful.

I've just seen another thread which says Kerso is selling them for £999 (but he didn't have any stock in last week).

I'm so tempted but I'd have to sell my two cameras and probably a lens and add a few quid to it. So I'm still trying to make my mind up. :)

I was quite happy with my 40D but what spoilt it for me was when a photographer (a complete stranger) handed me her 1D MKIV and asked me to 'cover' for her whilst she disappeared for ten minutes. :eek::eek: OMG, what a fantastic piece of kit that was. :)

Lisa

Got my 7D from Kerso, fantastic price and service :)

Ordered at about 9pm on a Wednesday night and it was delivered Friday morning!!!!

I'd be inclinded to hold on until he gets some more stock but that's just me ;)

Thanks, I've bought a few lenses off Kerso and he is good.

I'm now thinking shall I wait till February next year as I have a big birthday coming up and I deserve a nice present. :)

Lisa

Back