Critique: Angel of the North & High Force

Edit My Images
No
We headed out to High Force waterfall yesterday, the idea being to get some long exposure shots of the fall itself. I over exposed most of them and the Haida ND filter seems to generate some really heavy colour casting and vignetting so I have binned pretty much all of them.

On the way back though, the path follows a nice bend over a small bridge. The shot is stitched together from 3 shots. Ideally I would have liked to get a greater DOF but I needed the f3.5 to bring in the light and shutter speed as it was hand held. Still, quite pleased with how this came out

IMG_2302 by moran.simon, on Flickr

Although we have been living in Newcastle now for around 4 years, I've never been to the Angel with my camera. Well it was a beautiful morning today so off I went. Got most of the standard angles which I wont bore you with but I thought this one worked quite well. Would have been nice to have some cloud coverage behind it to make the sky a little more interesting, but I'd never say no to a nice blue sky so there you go

Angel of the North by moran.simon, on Flickr

As always, comments and criticism more than welcome

I think the Angel one is great, the fisheye effect really adds to the shot

Last edited:
Cheers guys. I'd agree about some extra grass at the bottom to help frame it, shame I didn't notice that this morning

Back