CROATIA SUNSETS

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I have always struggled to get decent sunset shots ..... ( and landscapes in general), so the chance to have a practice while on holiday in Croatia (Cavtat near Dubrovnik)was most welcome. These were taken from our hotel room balcony while getting ready for the evenings............ I am sure we could have got a refund because of the shabby view ....... :LOL: ... :cool:
Some kind soul even had the decency to park ... (moor) ... his yatch in the bay to give a bit of foreground interest........(y)

8020547911_f0f7ce5120_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8020546679_1d73171082_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8020547143_28fd330369_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8020554254_ab291befcc_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8020548245_12d8f915a9_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8020555264_0b07318b28_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Thank you for looking, all comments most welcome.

Dave ....

God, those are just lush, mate. Agree that #5 is the pick, but the rest are all great too.

Stunning set sunsets, love them all but no. 4 is my favourite.

spectacular set, 2,3 and 6 are the ones for me, refreshing to see such a stunning sunset after the rain we've had today.

no.5 oohhhh that's a keeper :)

no.1 prety good too - but no.5 that's special

God, those are just lush, mate. Agree that #5 is the pick, but the rest are all great too.

Stunning set sunsets, love them all but no. 4 is my favourite.

What was your room number , I want to book it next year !!!

Awesome Photograpy ![/QUO

spectacular set, 2,3 and 6 are the ones for me, refreshing to see such a stunning sunset after the rain we've had today.

Many thanks for the positive comments .... never had such a response .... Just got to persuade the Mrs to go for a canvas .... (y)

Dave ....

Last edited:
Started at 1 it's OK, No2 a bit better, No3 slight improvement, No 4 looking good, then Number 5 and wowee, it's a beaut of an image, and I think it's because the two main focal points are sitting roughly on the thirds , making the composition a lot more comfortable and balanced. Now that's a 'proper' landscape image , hasn't been messed about with some naff processing, and best of all it has some gorgeous light.

I wish it were mine.

Started at 1 it's OK, No2 a bit better, No3 slight improvement, No 4 looking good, then Number 5 and wowee, it's a beaut of an image, and I think it's because the two main focal points are sitting roughly on the thirds , making the composition a lot more comfortable and balanced. Now that's a 'proper' landscape image , hasn't been messed about with some naff processing, and best of all it has some gorgeous light.

I wish it were mine.

Thank you Les, comments have made my day, never had a "proper" landscape before. Think its number 5 for the printers then ...... (y)

Nr 5 for me - composition is very nice indeed.

Great shots 5 is the winner for me.

Cheers guys, thanks for taking the time to comment ...... :clap:

Dave ....

Lovely series, super colours, and how lucky to have the yacht moored there too. No.5 is definitely the pick and worth hanging on your wall. I echo the request for your hotel and room number, please! :)

Thank you Andrea,...... the last time I gave a strange lady my room number I ended up in serious trouble ..... :LOL: ........ Hotel was the Iberostar Epidaurus in Cavtat, room was 225, and I thoroughly enjoyed it ........ (y)

Dave ....

Thank you Les, comments have made my day, never had a "proper" landscape before. Think its number 5 for the printers then ...... (y)

Cheers guys, thanks for taking the time to comment ...... :clap:

Dave ....

Yes, that will print up lovely, no noise, lush colours, no rough artefacts, a very clean image, and wherever you hang it, it will always rest easy on the eye.

And if you are gooing to print it, I suggest you remove this 'dot' (arrowed) I don't know what it is? but your eyes will always be drawn to it if you don't :)

Edit: just realised it's a bouy rather than a 'dot' so ignore my suggestion :bonk:

Last edited:
I'd still remove it though, nice set

And if you are gooing to print it, I suggest you remove this 'dot' (arrowed) I don't know what it is? but your eyes will always be drawn to it if you don't :)

Edit: just realised it's a bouy rather than a 'dot' so ignore my suggestion :bonk:

I'd still remove it though, nice set

Now you have pointed it out I cant stop noticing it ........... It will be removed ....(y)

Dave ....

Stunning set there Dave, very jealous. No5 is an absolute beauty and can see this hanging on many a wall :clap:

If there is a negative, then it has to be No1, i feel that this has been over processed, but at the same time looks to me like an oil painting. Still a lovely image (y)

Lovely set. Number 5 is my pick of the bunch(y)

Stunning set there Dave, very jealous. No5 is an absolute beauty and can see this hanging on many a wall :clap:

If there is a negative, then it has to be No1, i feel that this has been over processed, but at the same time looks to me like an oil painting. Still a lovely image (y)

Great set. Les summed it up - the images get even better the further you scroll down

Many thanks for the comments, very similar PP on them all really, but I can see what you mean.
Well "The Blob" has been removed and a 30 x 20 canvas has been ordered. Fingers crossed ........ (y)

Dave ....

That sky is on fire! Stunning set which would look good on any wall.

1 and 5 are amazing - if I took these photos I'd die happy! Xx

Thanks for taking the time to comment ................. think I might want to achieve a slight bit more before I die though .... :LOL:

Dave ....

#1 made me awe and then #5 made me want to click the buy button for an slr again :crying:. I really like how the redish hues bleed across both these images.

Back