weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

It certainly fits the theme and has a charm about it, maybe its the mundanity

Agreed, more corridor may make for more... That said, it's good reportage and with the right processing (lowering of contrast, brightening etc.) it could make for an interesting background to a cleaning firm's web site.

Well you got a shot in David, so on to the next theme :) No Link either :D
Thanks Dave
Nail.Head.
Job jobbed.....
Obvious but original.
:D cheers Mark
It certainly fits the theme and has a charm about it, maybe its the mundanity
Oh the mundanity ... :D
Beautifully composed as ever David - I probably wouldn't have had the top of the sign touching the railing - but it makes for a stronger image I think. Not the most exciting of themes this week I reckon...
Thanks Emma ... compo could have been a bit better. Shooting at home is more successful as we can view it on our PC see room for improvement then reshoot.
Hi, Nice low POV and nice and bright.

I'll like to see more of an angle looking down the corridor.

Cheers.
I know what you mean, there were 4 or 5 of these cones and I didn't want to touch them, chose the one with the writing facing in the right direction which wasn't really far enough up the corridor.
I quite like this. I agree with @posiview, that I bit more of an angle down the corridor may have helped.
Thanks Dominic.
Agreed, more corridor may make for more... That said, it's good reportage and with the right processing (lowering of contrast, brightening etc.) it could make for an interesting background to a cleaning firm's web site.
Cheers Tim, I'm guessing you work in something design/promotions related ... Re my contrasting peg halves you said: "could imagine seeing on the wall of a start-up company" ... which is nice. :D

Last edited:
Somehow seem to have missed commenting on your clean photo and it's all been said above really and now I've had a preview of your curves photo I am suffering from commenting synchiisation issues :)

week 34 Curve ... Westfield London yesterday ... I knew there were lots of architectural curves there but didn't expect to come away with this curve. Isn't it amazing what you see when you look?

G9uj-Cupb9i8ajtTuT17yNcgc3X0dr06HSv7OMzyuOkxxqm4FHhLvLwVJprrkC9VEoNW5szFGEf7lwIYFNYKyAIWqeDQC_iiUCi-ElDwefSF13MiwdHNnGRfaLLsEQQCdmtT7SJHjKgNCoI2aJXleHN3Bi8VHo6LFLWBnQKQqylB4rLswXMze6FeHMKpUC9CnJHfPQ8aHpQX18Uer3hoCqnxJf8YJ3Tsldu6lJKy5TuRNPI43390O-3F-90-LLpBIfod_WUPq10RD-pCz_GcVClxmeVWU2gGnM74PApMTuQxoB7SiNuQ0WynBzxif6oIVBp3ktLiF_AQSrR_1gLizqlZUwrvEiHzZEl5r3U-htnatp77zHtulyLIajV7qRbyigkuAvfAgjD5GCVTAJZxZGDYicbmXjMs4jkxgZdfJoxFm82Xr5k2q0oo4xOi0vr6cvTHywu901S_wifyBSGV-GntkRzrZvqHpNiMQsLPK4GeHmVax17b5-oLG-MLu7dFpaMaHkfS7XUoRe3wldmJn485KGx-z8ETdKLQqMzmyKEQRcw7bApMb3NABqpo0UDxiDxPMDhLKR7uqJJcp17xaHbMTkVZLvufmh5lHX9RryQdd5Kp8_SajH28Th1_5h2zZ6U-NUUwljakwp9ZNKT-Nc2KsR_6-rocfqqYMEXA29IWAA=w1317-h887-no

Somehow seem to have missed commenting on your clean photo and it's all been said above really and now I've had a preview of your curves photo I am suffering from commenting synchiisation issues :)
Thanks Chris ... synchiisation issues ... happens to the best of us. :D

Very good indeed, true it's amazing what you see when you take the time to look

BTW curve is very nice, sharp with good colours/tones but, and I'm sure you know this, it is a tad tight, I'm guessing you cropped it to avoid extraneous things. That said it fits the bill very nicely with the curve dominating the frame most of the way around.

Hi David, I've missed a few so a little catch-up:

Contrast - both are perfect for the theme. I do like the contrasting colours in the pegs against that bright background, but the differing shapes and colours of the buildings make #2 my choice. Lots of strong contrasts and lines in that one.
Clean - the bold yellow of the sign set against the mainly uniform background gives this its appeal. A fairly uninspiring theme but this was a good spot.
Curves - like this a lot! The high POV shows off the shapes of the walls, which are perfect for the theme, but there is so much detail encapsulated within them too. The wooden tones of the table-tops and the red menus add some brighter colours against the other muted tones, and the variety of people and poses make for a really interesting image :clap:

Great submission for curve and well spotted.
London has really great architectural stuff when you stop looking for the obvious.

That's really cool and well spotted David, I like that.
Andy's idea of a long exposure seems quite appealing too, though a tripod in a shopping centre is likely to attract the attention of the Gestapo.

Last edited:
BTW curve is very nice, sharp with good colours/tones but, and I'm sure you know this, it is a tad tight, I'm guessing you cropped it to avoid extraneous things. That said it fits the bill very nicely with the curve dominating the frame most of the way around.

Thanks yes it is tight, there were 3 fat pillars, I cloned out one at the back and some people too, but cropped out one on either side.

Hi David, I've missed a few so a little catch-up:

Contrast - both are perfect for the theme. I do like the contrasting colours in the pegs against that bright background, but the differing shapes and colours of the buildings make #2 my choice. Lots of strong contrasts and lines in that one.
Clean - the bold yellow of the sign set against the mainly uniform background gives this its appeal. A fairly uninspiring theme but this was a good spot.
Curves - like this a lot! The high POV shows off the shapes of the walls, which are perfect for the theme, but there is so much detail encapsulated within them too. The wooden tones of the table-tops and the red menus add some brighter colours against the other muted tones, and the variety of people and poses make for a really interesting image :clap:
Thanks for your commenting catch-up Andrea. (y) ... and yes the table-tops and the menus ... (y)

That is a cool curve David, the crop is a tad tight for me but other than that I like that you got it at an angle and from a high vantage point, like it (y)
Thanks DK ... (y)cool but yes a tad tight ... there were 3 fat pillars, I cloned out one at the back and some people too, but cropped instead of cloned out one on either side. Perhaps I should have shown some floor all the way round.

Great submission for curve and well spotted.
London has really great architectural stuff when you stop looking for the obvious.
Thanks yes and doing the 52s for 3+ years it's really good how you make a mental note of things just in case you need to photo them in future.

Like that. All in there own little bubbles. Nice POV and would work really well as a long exposure.

Cheers.
All in there own little bubbles .... I like it! ... (y)

That's really cool and well spotted David, I like that.
Andy's idea of a long exposure seems quite appealing too, though a tripod in a shopping centre is likely to attract the attention of the Gestapo.
Thanks Tim ... tripod, they would not be amused. But maybe a monopod down my trouser leg! :D

Hi d00d ....ooooh I'm running behind again.
Clean ...I like it, the composition gives it a certain charm, it makes something uninteresting look interesting o_O
Great viewpoint for curve, you're so right taking the time to look ... amazing what we spot isn't it. I remember doing that 'it's not what you look at, it's what you see' pic ages ago!
Super smiley Paula for Occupation, unusual composition with her to edge of the photo, what's that on the right, it looks like a Spanish ham but I'm not sure??

Clean ...I like it, the composition gives it a certain charm, it makes something uninteresting look interesting o_O
Great viewpoint for curve, you're so right taking the time to look ... amazing what we spot isn't it. I remember doing that 'it's not what you look at, it's what you see' pic ages ago!
Super smiley Paula for Occupation, unusual composition with her to edge of the photo, what's that on the right, it looks like a Spanish ham but I'm not sure??

Hi susie ... thanks for all the nice commenting, and yes that's a parma ham type thingie.

A nice shot for occupation, even though it is a strange crop :)
Very on theme and a happy girl doing her occupation. Personally, I like to have the girl looked into the camera or into the frame rather than out. But well done to you for capturing the shot in the first place.
Is their tapas revolting? :D

Nice candid which shows the working environment so bang on theme.

Thanks guys ... I could have put in more effort this week. With the young lady's permission I took some snaps then posted the one I thought showed some erm creativity! So now I've added another, more standard eye-contact portrait ... see link under above pic.

Hmmm yes theme wise spot on, composition and sharpness not so much for me with her looking out of the frame edge, on a plus side her collar looks nice and clean/crisp :)
You're right DK ... it doesn't really work. I like your honesty, I sometimes think there's no proper crit anymore.

Last edited:
Back