Eating Dirt.

I miss the speedway!

The Falcons used to be a force to be reckoned with back in the early '70s and I'm sure that was the start of my addiction to the smell of "R"!!!

Well caught in terms of angle and shutter speed - hope you managed to get the camera under your coat before the dust got to you!

I miss the speedway!

The Falcons used to be a force to be reckoned with back in the early '70s and I'm sure that was the start of my addiction to the smell of "R"!!!

Well caught in terms of angle and shutter speed - hope you managed to get the camera under your coat before the dust got to you!

Thanks. My first go at Speedway, never been before. I've been to many a car (F1, BTTC etc ) race and a few Moto GPs but never Speedway. Loved it. I'll be going back.

Now to dust my camera off. :runaway:;)

A couple more................

On It. by Dale, on Flickr

Opening The Throttle. by Dale, on Flickr

Last edited:
Liked the first a lot - like that last one even more!

Are these taken from the spectator area? I've never been to a speedway event but imagined it would be similar to stock car caring where there's high safety fences around the entire track.

Are these taken from the spectator area? I've never been to a speedway event but imagined it would be similar to stock car caring where there's high safety fences around the entire track.

I spent the few extra pounds and got access to all outfield areas. I could walk all the way around the track, which I did. The fences are quite high but not as high as they are at a motorsport circuit, like Silverstone for example. They do get in the way at the speedway at times but you can find spots where you can see over them. I was also invited onto a media platform, which gets you above everything that could be in the way. You have to pick your spot but it's do able.

The biggest problem for me was remembering to shield my camera from the gravel spray in the corners.

IMGL8771.jpg

I spent the few extra pounds and got access to all outfield areas. I could walk all the way around the track, which I did. The fences are quite high but not as high as they are at a motorsport circuit, like Silverstone for example. They do get in the way at the speedway at times but you can find spots where you can see over them. I was also invited onto a media platform, which gets you above everything that could be in the way. You have to pick your spot but it's do able.

The biggest problem for me was remembering to shield my camera from the gravel spray in the corners.

View attachment 429767
Many thanks!

Back